Best receiver to pair with a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC

bmrg

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently bought a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut DC and i need an advice on what amplifier should I match it with. I'm considering not to spend more than about £500-600.

Thank you,
Bernardo

bmrg said:
Hello,

I have recently bought a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut DC and i need an advice on what amplifier should I match it with. I'm considering not to spend more than about £500-600.

Thank you, Bernardo

The Marantz PM range are meant to have a fairly good phono stage built-in. There are of course many others to choose from in that price range.

bmrg

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Hello,

Thank you, Bernardo

The Marantz PM range are meant to have a fairly good phono stage built-in. There are of course many others to choose from in that price range.

Thank you, i have consider the PM6005, but i don't like the design.

I own a Pioneer A-30, do you think it worth the upgrade?

bmrg said:
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Hello,

Thank you, Bernardo

Not unless you don't like the Pioneers sound. To upgrade significantly you are going to have to budget a bit higher, or upgrade your cartridge. ;-)

To be honest I prefer the design of the Marantz as the Pioneer looks old-school, but if this is what you like.

Have you considered second-hand?

bmrg

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Hello,

Thank you, Bernardo

Not unless you don't like the Pioneers sound. To upgrade significantly you are going to have to budget a bit higher, or upgrade your cartridge. ;-)

To be honest I prefer the design of the Marantz as the Pioneer looks old-school, but if this is what you like.

My first option was Pro-Ject turntable + Cambridge CP1 + Cambridge CXA60, but it's far more expensive...

I also like the Cambridge SR20, but I don't know if its a good option.

bmrg said:
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Al ears said:
bmrg said:
Hello,

Thank you, Bernardo

My first option was Pro-Ject turntable + Cambridge CP1 + Cambridge CXA60, but it's far more expensive...

I also like the Cambridge SR20, but I don't know if its a good option.

I'd take your Pioneer over the SR20 and as you note the CXA60 would need an additional phono stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts