Best receiver for Monitor Audio Bronze AV package?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'll be moving to a bigger apartment in about 6 months but would like to have decided what to get hardware wise before then.

I won't be able to afford the Apex package (but who knows with all the overtime I've been pulling at work lately) and lke the look on the Bronze speakers. But I want to remember they shouldn't be partnered with bright sounding receivers. So wuestion is: which brand to get?

Is it overkill to go for a receiver in the £1000-range? i.e Yamaha RX-V1067 or Onkyo NR808. Maybe I can stretch a little further to the £1200 mark. Pioneer LX-something maybe?

Room size should be around the 4x10m range. And if nothing happens, I'll be sitting about 3.5m from the telly. Projector would be better but I'd rather spend that money on speakers/receivers.

Cheers,

Martin

scene

Suppose a couple of extra questions spring to mind, do you want 3D passthru and what size will the new room be? Also, are you going to use the av package for music, if so what split music vs. AV? Any other features you must have, like zone 2, DLNA, etc?

EDIT Sorry, missed room size bit in op. If you are considering a projector, even for down the line, you might want to make sure you get an amp with twin hdmi outs, so you can run a screen and projector.

demoing is the key here - suggest trying out the yamaha onk and maybe an sc-lx73 with the bx package.

A

Anonymous

Martin,

I have my BR2's hooked up to a (slighty older) Onkyo TXSR674E and am very pleased with the sound. I was looking for an AV receiver which had good musicality, as I also have to use it for music playback instead of a seperate Hi-fi set up. Would recommend you audition an Onkyo. The MA's like to be driven hard and the Onkyo can provide that in spades if required! Their newer receivers also have quite alot of finesse, as my friend found out when he exchanged a duffer Denon AVR-1911 for an Onkyo TX-SR608 and liked it so much, he kept it!

Nick

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Te Bronze package can be quite musical, for a room that size are you considering BR5 for fronts. For a while my AV SYSTEM was my primary system for music albeit with a Roksan CDP. the BRs sound good with my Marantz amp but as you have such a larger space how about something like the Marantz SR6004 ?
Demoing can be difficult as you are unlikely to find a demo room that will match your own space but it can steer in the right direction

Monitor Audio speakers are known to pair very well with Yamaha receivers. Ofcourse, it depends on your listening preferences. Demo your options & see which you like the best!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

HDMI v1.4 will be a must on the receiver. As will floorstanders. I've been looking at the packages but will most likely bake one of my own, floorstander fronts, biggest sub and fronts with the home cinema rears.

I did like the sound of my old Yamaha RX-V1400 so the 1067 is the most likely replacement for the Sony. But I will try to demo the Onky and Pioneer to if I can. A store (hembiobutiken.se) like has all components in their Stockholm store. Even the Apex range... If I dare demo them... :)

Networking, zone 2 and all that is mostly frills, I'll be going all out trying to keep around £8000 for "decorating". So some Sonos S5's and a NAS is in the plan.

Martinp74:
I'll be moving to a bigger apartment in about 6 months but would like to have decided what to get hardware wise before then.

I won't be able to afford the Apex package (but who knows with all the overtime I've been pulling at work lately) and lke the look on the Bronze speakers. But I want to remember they shouldn't be partnered with bright sounding receivers. So wuestion is: which brand to get?

Is it overkill to go for a receiver in the £1000-range? i.e Yamaha RX-V1067 or Onkyo NR808. Maybe I can stretch a little further to the £1200 mark. Pioneer LX-something maybe?

Room size should be around the 4x10m range. And if nothing happens, I'll be sitting about 3.5m from the telly. Projector would be better but I'd rather spend that money on speakers/receivers.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martinp74

Yamaha's RX-V1067 will be an excellent match with the Monitor Audio's.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

The word on the street is.

That the SCLX72 will force 3D passthrough, but unsure about audio, might be a bit bright though.

But for less than 900.00 ITS A STEAL !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts