best rca cable to use

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi all i have just bought a denon x6200w and a roger sound labs 5.2 speaker package and emotiva xpa3 amp

my question is i want to connect the denon to the emotiva amp can anybody recommend a good quality rca cable i dont want a cheap cable as you get static that does and notice how i say does improve sound quality

i will be connecting the main fronts to the emotiva amp and the centre

i will connect the cg4 surrouds to the denon and additional surrounda as well and 4 in ceiling speakers to be determined and 2 subs as well i will be using blue jeans cables and mediabridge subwoofer cables

and how many cables will i need thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
markyboy156 said:
hi all i have just bought a denon x6200w and a roger sound labs 5.2 speaker package and emotiva xpa3 amp

my question is i want to connect the denon to the emotiva amp can anybody recommend a good quality rca cable i dont want a cheap cable as you get static that does and notice how i say does improve sound quality

i will be connecting the main fronts to the emotiva amp and the centre

i will connect the cg4 surrouds to the denon and additional surrounda as well and 4 in ceiling speakers to be determined and 2 subs as well i will be using blue jeans cables and mediabridge subwoofer cables

and how many cables will i need thanks

One single RCA cable per channel between the receiver and the Emotiva, one more between the receiver and each of the subs.
Thousands to choose from but I wouldn't go overboard on price, especially for the surrounds. About 20 quid a pair is your starting point and from there the sky is the limit.
I would avoid KabelDirect (sp). The cables and plugs are good, but the plugs are a bit loose in the sockets.
Likewise avoid el cheapo ones like the sort you get in blister packs at Currys or B&Q.
For FL and FR you could push the boat out a bit, especially if you're using the Emotiva for "proper stereo" duty as well.
I don't think shielded RCAs exist, if they did I would recommend them as the back of the average AV stack looks like the proverbial explosion in a spaghetti factory (well, mine does, anyway).
No need to use "special" subwoofer cables either. They're usually just longer stiffer regular RCA ones. If you are getting mains hum, however, Audioquest make a sub cable with a shield and ground (earth) spade connection. It's called "Black Lab" and available up to 8 metres per run on Amazon UK. You hook the spade connection up to an earth on your receiver and ) or sub.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
markyboy156 said:
would the audio quest towers 2 rca to 2 rca cable work ok
Yes they would, although given the cash you've already shelled out on good hardware, I would consider going up a notch or two to Evergreens or Golden Gates, but for AV use probably no higher as I personally don't believe any multi channel AVR is going to match a "proper stereo" source and amp.
For three channels you'll need three cables (plus your subwoofer cables), so you might need to buy two pairs.
Electrical insulating tape applied to the ends of the cables in different colours is a great help in not confusing channels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts