Best quality for Hi-Fi?

CharlieBristol

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Please forgive me as I am a complete newbie to Hi-Fi.

Basically my query is that I want to get the best possible quality out of my Hi-Fi system. I currently have a Rotel RA-930AX (ancient) and am thinking of replacing this with a Pioneer A-10-K (please reccomend any better value/quality amplifier for a similar price of £130). I've been told that 3.5mm AUX cable doesn't give the best quality sound and was wandering how I can connect my PC to my Hi-Fi in a different way to get better quality.

Cheers.

Charlie.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
CharlieBristol said:
Please forgive me as I am a complete newbie to Hi-Fi.

Basically my query is that I want to get the best possible quality out of my Hi-Fi system. I currently have a Rotel RA-930AX (ancient) and am thinking of replacing this with a Pioneer A-10-K (please reccomend any better value/quality amplifier for a similar price of £130). I've been told that 3.5mm AUX cable doesn't give the best quality sound and was wandering how I can connect my PC to my Hi-Fi in a different way to get better quality.

Cheers.

Charlie.

I'd use a 3.5mm jack to twin phone cable first and see how you get on. The next thing to do might be to use a separate DAC at some point, but depending on your Pc, the gains might not be all that dramatic.

gasolin

Might just get the amplifier, adjusted or just cleaned, som new speaker cable like Audioquest FLK SLiP 14/4 (good cable) and mabye a used DACmagic (cambridge) with some good cable that you sometimes get buying a used dac.

What speakers do you use?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I use a RCA 5m lead from headphones socket to amp and it is fine, just make sure to check the setting on your sound card (Audio centre), I changed from default settings to high output headphones and it made a lot of difference, just remember to turn it down before plugging your headphones in. For £5 off Amazon not much to lose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts