Best Place For Acoustic Treatment ?

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I would like to make some sort of acoustic panels for my room, as advise by another fourm member in the show your system thread...

What whould be the best place for them? also anyone know of a cheap diy version that looks good but doesn't cost as much as the acoustic foam..

Cheers

5542530835_6b317891dd.jpg

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Macipod, have a look at Rockwool RWA, it's an acoustic material used in homes, it's very good at it's job and cheap. It's also available in various thicknesses from 30 - 100mm.

For positioning (it's a two person job) the panel's just use a mirror around the room. One of you sit at the listening position and the other walks around the with the mirror, wherever you see the speaker in the mirror that is where the panel may have to go.

What problems are you getting in your room?

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Been nearly a year still haven't got round to treating my room,but after changing my amp,dac thought it was time.

I have been looking at this what do you think?

Anybody used them?

http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-recording-c57/acoustic-foam-treatment-c315/complete-room-kits-c319/auralex-auralex-d36-dst-acoustic-foam-kit-purple-p75?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=auralex-d36-dst-acoustic-foam-kit-purple-d36cha-pur&utm_campaign=froogle#75

Cheers

Luke

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Also you need to break up the large flat surfaces. Try hanging a few framed pictures on the walls and adding some furniture or bookshelves to your room to see if it makes much difference.

When I covered up the mirror points and added a few pictures to my room it improved the stereo image and treble of my system.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
macipod said:
Hi

I would like to make some sort of acoustic panels for my room, as advise by another fourm member in the show your system thread...

What whould be the best place for them? also anyone know of a cheap diy version that looks good but doesn't cost as much as the acoustic foam..

Cheers

5542530835_6b317891dd.jpg

I suggest you should have a good look at this site:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/

Hope I have not broken any house rules :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts