best picture for sky please what cable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi can you tell me the best scart cable to get the best picture out of my sky+.i realy want to see a difference when i get my panasonic pz85 .can you help thanks martin

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello Martin, Use a good quality RGB scart to get the best picture possible. Then use a pair of good quality analogue interconnects (or optical cable if you have an AV receiver) for the sound. I am sure that some recommendations will be posted. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Darren

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I use this one between my PVR (not Sky + but a Topfield Freeview PVR) and my plasma TV. Gives a vastly improved picture quality compared to a non-branded Scart cable I was using originally.

NB - note this does not transfer audio, so you'd need to follow Darren's advice on hooking up RCA phono / optical cable for the sound if you choose this cable.

A

Anonymous

ive gone for the qedp2110 as i need sound thanks to you both again.i hope this is a good choice,what do u think

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello Martin,

The Panasonic TH42PZ85 has analogue inputs for audio. So if you still want the best picture - and sound - then get an RGB scart and a pair of analogue interconnects too.

If you do not want to use an RGB scart and analogue interconnects then I am sure that the QED will do a good job as it seems highly regarded.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Darren

A

Anonymous

Hi I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

I have recently had a problem with my freeview channels pixalating. Basically I have a Panasonic 42 TH42PZ85B and had originally connected it to my skyplus box and dvd player via standard scarts(cheap ones).

Freeview worked fine but then I was told by a friend to get some better scarts that would improve the pciture even further.

However, whilst the general Sky picture improved after I connected AV2110 scarts, the freeview picture became severly pixilated and I have had to disconnect the aeriel for this and just watch Sky.

Can anyone advise as to why this has happened and what I should do to get freeview working properly along with the new leads?

Thanks for your time!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
msbfootball:
ive gone for the qedp2110 as i need sound thanks to you both again.i hope this is a good choice,what do u think

I've just used these ones on my Dad's Freesat HD box and it gives a better picture than a decent component cable. I was very surprised. By separating the picture and sound, the picture is improved. If you are happy with the QED one that you have, then great.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/265/ixos-xhv601-150-1.50m-rgb-scart-cable-interconnect/display.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts