Best Pair of Speakers for £200 and under.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade the speakers on my Onkyo CR-435 as I have the bog standard one's that come with the unit. I have a budget of around £200 with cable what do you oracles think. I was in Superfi and Audio-t and they recommended these option to me the Monitor Audio BX1, The Roth oli4 and the Wharfedale 10.1. Any Help would grateful. jk1988

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd see if you can get a decent set of 2nd hand Monitor Audio BR2's; if not then the BX1's all the way for me
emotion-1.gif

Dont forget to add the cost of stands (unless you've already got some)

The Tannoy F1's may be worth considering

A

Anonymous

Hi, Haven't heard the Monitor Audio,s myself but maybe also consider the new Tannoy Mercury v1 or Possibly even the Mission mx1 if you like a warmer sound!!

A

Anonymous

The M/A BR2's would be the ticket then
emotion-1.gif

Superb, agile and bassy speakers but they're also well timed and dynamic to boot

Them on some Atacma aNexus 6 stands and some Chord Carnival Silverscreen cable and IMO you'll be laughing
emotion-2.gif

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Nexus 6 stands with Chord Silver Screen are great staple choices for speakers circa £200 - but, I'd recommend the Wharfedale 10.1 speakers. Hard to beat at this level IMHO and you get the choice of seven beautiful finishes
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I tested a few sets of speakers and ended up going to Mordaunt Short Aviano 1's, at the demo they sounded so much deeper than the rest.

When i got them home the sounded a bit too bright, but now they have bedded in they are amazing!

I listen to a lot of D&B & Dubstep and needed something with that extra oomph, and these certainly deliver!

A

Anonymous

Do they have to be standmount speakers?

All I'm thinking is along the lines of 2nd hand floorstanders (i.e. Acoustic Energy AE109's or some Neo 3's if you can find them at the right price).

Superb speakers, easy to run and go deep
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts