Best money ever spent?

Lugs

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
After messing about with different components for years and years and also having quite a negative viewpoint on overpriced interconnects and other snake oil hifi bits I have now changed my mind and decided that the best money I have ever spent is on 2 x 5metre lengths of chord signature speaker cable. These are outstanding, especially during low volume late night listening sessions where without the power from the amplifier the detail and stereo image is still amazing, god forbid I get a shot of nordost valhalla or odin. So what I want to know is what product has transformed your listening experiance and why?

nads

ditching the supplied interconnects and speaker cable and buying some half decent ones. But the single "best buy" was changing the pre out to main in jumpers with some proper links.

A

Anonymous

Well, it's been replaced now, but my first audiolab. Brought out details I didn't know existed. After that, my MA's. I changed my underwear.

A

Anonymous

NAD C325BEE cd player... showed me the little discs can sound good as well. Now I want a Naim Cd player....

T

the record spot

Arguably, the £1.50 that went on a spacer/washer that lifted up the RB300 arm on my trusty old P3.

Second, in terms of longevity, the £400 for said P3 in 2001!

A

Anonymous

Qed silver aniversary speaker cable boosted my system no end.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="marcymarc555"]

[/quote]

What is your system exactly?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ssvirk"][quote user="marcymarc555"]

[/quote]

What is your system exactly?[/quote]

Cambridge audio 340a hooked up to b&w 685s on super dreadnoughts, currently looking for a new cd player and amp thinking exposure 2010s cdp not sure on the amp yet though??????

A

Anonymous

Grado SR60 headphones. I think I'll still be using them when I retire!

jules.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I'm with you Fatboy, my RS6s cost me £450 and are stunning!![/quote]

Likewise, got mine for the same amount ex-dem. I think you're either an RS6 person or you're not...bit of a marmite speaker if you will!!!

A

Anonymous

Upgrading from the JVC A-X400 to the JVC A-X5...opened my ears!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Lugs"]So what I want to know is what product has transformed your listening experiance and why?[/quote]

£5.99 on Jeff Buckley, Grace, CD

A

Anonymous

In terms of value, it has to be 2 granite slabs to go under my speaker stands. It saved my floor but also was a major improvement to the sound for 20 squid.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus dacx I was shocked with the level of performance my cdp now has all by hooking up this little box of tricks, no upgrades for a while for me.

Lugs

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I was well drunk that evening. I think the Jeff Buckley Grace Album was my favourite response and I'm off to hunt it out from my cd collection. As for the £3.50 wire I thought the same for a long time but sorry for a tranistor amplifier I am still in awe of this cable. One last thing I was listening to the Cyrus DAC X. & it really is a great piece of kit and is a superb upgrade for any Cyrus owner and I belive it was designed by the same guy who designed the Chord64 but is a hell of a lot cheaper. Happy listening.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="simonkee"][quote user="Lugs"]So what I want to know is what product has transformed your listening experiance and why?[/quote]

£5.99 on Jeff Buckley, Grace, CD[/quote]

HAHA! Good answer... and great album too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="simonkee"][quote user="Lugs"]So what I want to know is what product has transformed your listening experiance and why?[/quote]

£5.99 on Jeff Buckley, Grace, CD[/quote]

HAHA! Good answer... and great album too.

A

Anonymous

50 on some straightwire level 2 chorus analogue interconnects [yankee leads b4 u ask] opened up a heightened emotion in vocals and treble and bubbly liquid bass absolute magic until my cat chewed through them.
my optical qed qunex ot just doesn't come close
anyone on analogue vs optical connects?

A

Anonymous

£20 on a pair of Gotham interconnects....

or £20 on 4 Furutech FP200B Rhodium banana plugs.Not sure if they've improved the sound but they look very nice!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts