Best kick ass rock’n’roll, boogie woogie, gospel, late period Beethoven, be bop and delta blues cd-player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Current player is Arcam CD73. Basically I like what it is doing in terms of detail, soundstage, depth but would like a bit more bite / nerve - without losing detail etc. Is that possible?

Planning to audition the following:

Arcam FMJ CD36 (or perhaps CD192)
Creek Destiny
Roksan Caspian M1
Musical Fidelity A5.5

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Well the new WHF mag says the Cyrus CD6 SE is the best sounding CD player for the money....By one hell of a margin apparently. Yours for 800 quid.

May want to stick it on your list.

However, if you like the Arcam sound, I believe the 192 adds the elements you require, without sacrificing the bits you love....(I would quite like to get hold of a 192 myself!)

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:
Taksinridgeback:Naim.

with a pair of Neat.

and a string of Chord

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Aftre that review you need to listen to the Cyrus. If it's too much for sensitive and educated Arcam ears then you can always plump for a 192 which is much more forward than my old 92.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Aftre that review you need to listen to the Cyrus. If it's too much for sensitive and educated Arcam ears then you can always plump for a 192 which is much more forward than my old 92.

What about the FMJ CD36? The reduced Arcam prices has made it available at about 1000 pounds...

A

Anonymous

MusicLover:JoelSim:Aftre that review you need to listen to the Cyrus. If it's too much for sensitive and educated Arcam ears then you can always plump for a 192 which is much more forward than my old 92.

What about the FMJ CD36? The reduced Arcam prices has made it available at about 1000 pounds...

Just seen this, you can get the CD36 for £689 - but not clear how much more than the CD192 this will deliver - so best to try a home test.......

A

Anonymous

From your list there the Roksan kit really rocks with enthusiasm and dynamics. The MF A5.5 will be lovely and smooth which you'll either love or hate. The Cyrus 8SE has to be tried if you're going for that price point though.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:
Taksinridgeback:Naim.

with a pair of Neat.

Got to agree there.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MusicLover:Current player is Arcam CD73. Basically I like what it is doing in terms of detail, soundstage, depth but would like a bit more bite / nerve - without losing detail etc. Is that possible?

Planning to audition the following:

Arcam FMJ CD36 (or perhaps CD192)
Creek Destiny
Roksan Caspian M1
Musical Fidelity A5.5

What is the rest of your system?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
MusicLover:JoelSim:Aftre that review you need to listen to the Cyrus. If it's too much for sensitive and educated Arcam ears then you can always plump for a 192 which is much more forward than my old 92.What about the FMJ CD36? The reduced Arcam prices has made it available at about 1000 pounds...

ÿ

I haven't heard it but if the lesser components are anything to go by then it's a winner

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts