Best Home Cinema package for around £5,000?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks thats all very interesting. From all the above I think (!) the best system for me is an LX83 and the Apex?! TV still TBC...

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ric71 said:
Sorry to Duncan for jumping on in this thread. No interest in 3D either. What are your views on an Arcam AVR 500 just over £1100 brand new? Will only be used for multi channel music and movies through sky with the odd blu ray here and there. Can put the extra cash towards a better blu ray player ie Cambridge Audio 650. Thanks

I would consider the AVR400 over the AVR500. The 500 lacks features like a network card (£400 upgrade) and 1.4 HDMI (also an upgrade coming, probably about £400). It also suffers from a host of problems like over heating, at this rate you might as well get the AVR600 with all teh extra money you will spend. Some people have them and love them, some people tear thier hair out because of issues.

The AVR400 is every bit as good as the AVR500 and has all the features minus the problems......well so far :)

Has to be LX83 vs the AVR400. Just go Demo :)

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
one final question, in my room of 14x12, am I better of just with a couple of floorstanders like the CM8's or a package like the RX6's?

A

Anonymous

If you listen multi-channel almost exclusively a package is the way to go, matching and setting up different speakers in multi-channel can be a challenge

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just listened to a pair of XT8's which seemed great and looked good too. Does anyone know much about them? Would the LX-83 be a good choice to power them?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Pioneer can drive anything, the question is will you like the sound the AV produces. There really is no good or bad AV. Its always suject to opinion and your own ears.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
CM9 is a great speaker, but the CM8 would work just as well in your size room. I had this debate too on whether to buy the CM8 or CM9. In the end the CM9 would make no improvement in my size room over the CM8. So why spend more :)

I would say add in the Q900 KEF they are superb!

My room is the same as yours 14*12.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
CM9's will sound better. The XT's aren't on B&W's current price list, so I can only assume they've been quietly discontinued. This could be making way for their new speaker announcement next month.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
CM9's will sound better. The XT's aren't on B&W's current price list, so I can only assume they've been quietly discontinued. This could be making way for their new speaker announcement next month.

I stand corrected

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Sorry, just to clarify - I meant the CM9's will sound better than XT's. Whether the CM8's or CM9's suit the OP is another matter :)

Phew! I was worried for a moment :)

Your welcome Muzza, let us know how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts