best freesat box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Please can you help me choose the right freesat box, i have got rid of sky but miss the pause,rewind,record, i have dish as i use tv freesat at moment, please help
thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi iametc,

I have had a Humax Freesat HD box since they came out and it has performed perfectly with excellent video and audio. I have a Humax Freeview HD 500gb recorder and its quality is equally good and reliable. Given my experience of Humax I would whole heartedly recommend Humax for your Freesat recorder.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks lordy,

i have been looking at the humax for awhile now, now im ready to plunge i saw the samsung and it seems good and humax review is so old so needed reassurance, Humax is pricier but seems the better choice

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I moved from Sky to the Humax HD box about 2 years ago. The Humax box does work well overall but I would have the following comments to make:

1. Remote is pretty bad. Buttons are not laid out well, but I have a Harmony remote to sort this out.

2. It feels quite slow to use the menus, and programme guide etc... especially compared to my old Sky box

3. Mines now a couple of years old and I;m having issues with the HDMI socket at the back. I keep losing signal to the TV which is cured by wiggling the HDMI cable. A new cable has made no difference, so looks like a connection problem inside the box. I think its happened over time as I've been using quite a chuncky cable which is heavy putting downward force on the connector.

The money it saves me vs Sky makes the above bareable.

A

Anonymous

Binman is absolutely right, the remote is really poorly laid out with no oversized keys for play etc but I have got used to it and the after market in remotes is always there.

TO Binman,

Don't forget that Humax is warrantied for TWO years, if you are just under the couple of years.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually just over the two year limit, as I checked my invoice after you posted. I may still try it on as its only just over, and I got it from Jhon Lewis who are normally good at customer service.

A

Anonymous

Binman,

You can but try, nothing ventured and all that. Best of luck.

A

Anonymous

cheers guys,

on the issue of slow menu, is that as in the epg? using it thro my tv it is so slow and very hit and miss if it shows me anything,

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar position and would like to know what the best freesaat box is... no subscription, usability / quality important.... Shall I take the advice and buy the Humax or is there something that's better on the market now? Is the remote a real pain or is it OK?

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar position and would like to know what the best freesaat box is... no subscription, usability / quality important.... Shall I take the advice and buy the Humax or is there something that's better on the market now? Is the remote a real pain or is it OK?

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Can't go wrong with the Humax gear.

On a technical note, as signal cables get heavier, it puts more strain on the sockets.
You may want to try an HDMI cable with 90 degree plugs so the cable hangs straight down instead of poking straight out.
90 degree adaptors are also available to retrofit to your existing cables . . . . :rockout:

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Foxsat HDR here also, after leaving sky. Its a good couple of years now i have the machine and i would have to agree the controller is suxs, its worth buying a all in one controller

The only down side you you feel when changing to the foxsat the epg isn't a slick as sky and you tend to notice this straight away and think what have i done.

Give it time and you'll get use to it and feel very happy with your purchase

SteveR750

+1 for the Humax Foxsat HD box

The big disdvantage (with Freesat) are the sports channels, though ITV4 has started showing a lot more cycling. Not sure how F1 is going to be this year mind....Have got 4 HD channels so not too bad. I've also connected mine to the DAC via an optical cable so the SQ isn't too shabby

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts