Best floor speakers under $ 4000?

23 m2 room, around 35 cm from the back wall.
23m2 doesn't tell us much. What is length and width?
Do you mean US dollars?
No idea what speakers are available where you are living so do you mean best available anywhere? The issue being is what I might be able to get for $4000 you may not as prices vary considerably worldwide
ATC SCM40 would be on my shortlist

Last edited:
You’ll need to add a bit for inflation, but this was my story a few years ago.

In case there’s any doubt, I’d buy the same today. But there are very nice designs from Acoustic Energy, Amphion, KEF, QAcoustics and others that are worth hearing.

Reactions: Al ears
You’ll need to add a bit for inflation, but this was my story a few years ago.

In case there’s any doubt, I’d buy the same today. But there are very nice designs from Acoustic Energy, Amphion, KEF, QAcoustics and others that are worth hearing.
Excellent suggestion.
I would also recommend the Amphion Argon 7LS but they may just be out of his price range.

D

Deleted member 160668

I'm not sure if this is really allowed, but I have an active thread on the hifi wigwam forum if you do a search called 'listening day', where I'm in the process of comparing lots of different speakers up to around the £4k price mark and my ramblings are on there.

My two comments would be:

1) you really must listen and with your own kit as you will find some you really like and some you can easily discard from consideration.

2) I too was only considering Floorstanders, then the dealer threw in Harbeth C7ES3-XD standmounts. Wow! What a speaker! You should definitely have a listen to these. By the time you put a standmount on the stand they take up similar floorspace anyway. My only Floorstanders criteria is now out the window.

I am still in the process of listening and intend to get my ears around some ProAc D2R as the dealer now has them in the shop. Also I'm having a home demo of the Harbeths in Jan (and am seriously considering buying them).

It is all extremely subjective and what I love might not be the same for you. Get out and get listening.

Reactions: Tinman1952

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I can safely say I’d probably start my journey looking at jbl classic 100 , given your music tastes. How they would work with your amp and room only you will be able to decided through an audition

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts