Question Best earbuds for workout/gym

Kaylord

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Dears, I know it's not properly a matter of 'hi-fi', but I'm wondering what's the best pair of bluetooth earbuds for gym/running. I read the advices from a whathifi review, but it seems to me it's quite outdated as newer buds are not taken into consideration.
I'm actually in doubt between a couple of bose soundsport wireless and some other competitors: the first are currently priced at 149 eur even though there's an offer from amazon for 80 bucks and something. My doubt refers to the fact the model is quite 'old' (I don't even know if these are bt 5.0) and I'm not a great fan of corded buds. However, from the reviews here it seems these have a great price/performance ratio.
Others competitors I'm evaluating: the new beats fit pro (a little too pricy for my pockets) and jabras.
I'm actually working out with a a pair of bt earbuds from xiaomi, big bang for the (few) bucks. But the battery is running worse every time.
Thanks for any suggestion!

shipworm-archaism-recede

Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
I'd go for shokz bone-conduction headphones instead of buds. The audio isn't as good when you're standing still, but I find that the physical pounding associated with running interferes with the sound quality of buds anyway. The battery life on them is also impressive. They are much safer when you're running outside, but I don't know how much of that you do.

Kaylord

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I'd go for shokz bone-conduction headphones instead of buds. The audio isn't as good when you're standing still, but I find that the physical pounding associated with running interferes with the sound quality of buds anyway. The battery life on them is also impressive. They are much safer when you're running outside, but I don't know how much of that you do.
Well, I'm not that into bone-conduction headphones, I tried them an year+ ago and the sound quality was quite crappy compared to my xiaomi bt earbuds (paid less than 30€). Maybe the overall quality of these product has been increased in the last period, I remember I found them quite lacking on basses and overexagerated on the trebles.
Is there any bone-conduction headphone which offers a great sounding experience, currently?

Reactions: EvShrug

shipworm-archaism-recede

Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
Well, I'm not that into bone-conduction headphones, I tried them an year+ ago and the sound quality was quite crappy compared to my xiaomi bt earbuds (paid less than 30€). Maybe the overall quality of these product has been increased in the last period, I remember I found them quite lacking on basses and overexagerated on the trebles.
Is there any bone-conduction headphone which offers a great sounding experience, currently?
Yeah, as I wrote, their sound quality doesn't rival buds. It's a question of whether or not their advantages are attractive. I can understand why they might not be for you.

Loverobot

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
Jabra Elite Active 75T are excellent
Great sound and epic battery life
Very comfortable for me but as with any bud they will need adjusting if doing d=something very active eg running - then you really need some external support
I also have some Aftershoks Aeropex bone conducting for outdoor running. Again very good battery and also means I can hear traffic if road running but lean sounding as they cant reproduce very much bass compared to an in ear speaker
HTH

Loverobot

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
Would you still recommend jabra active 75t now that elite active 7 are available?
Dont have experience of them so cant compare but I wouldnt change my 75t unless they broke as they are so good tbh - I should mention I use them daily so I do have a lot of useage on them and so far so good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts