Best Dolby Atmos or DTS:X speaker package

rybzan

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have B&W speakers at the moment, and Onkyo Atmos enabled small speakers that are sitting on top of the floorstanders, but looking to upgrade the entire speaker setup.

What is the best speaker package that I can use for Atmos or DTS:X at the moment? Budget is £4-5k

Current setup:

Samsung UE65HU7500 calibrated

Pioneer SC-LX88

Panasonic dmp-bdt900

Sky Q

B&W 602 series speakers

Thank you

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
In that case, not too much around really. The main package that springs to mind is the KEF R Series, so you could look at the R200c centre speaker, R100 front and rear, with R50 Atmos speakers placed on top of them. This would come to around £3000, and you could either add the matching R400b sub, or something like the SVS SB2000 if matching isn't an issue. The budget would allow you to use R500 floorstander for front left and right if you preferred floorstanders.

The Pioneer SCLX receivers work great with the KEF R Series, the only drawback being that Pioneer receivers can only select a single crossover point - in this type of speaker system, ideally you'll need to choose a lower crossover point for the R500s compared to the R50s and R200c. Using the R100s, R200c, and R50s can use a global crossover point, so more suited to the Pioneer.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
rybzan said:
...if I want floor standers, r500, I will need to set the crossover manually lower??
You can do, as the R500s are more capable, but you can still cross them over at 80Hz - is usually do in AV demos. As long as your sub is half decent, it'll work fine.

TRENDING THREADS