Best CD players 2019: CD players for every budget

Sclafonz

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
I paid $600 for a Marantz CD player and after 9 years it stopped reading CDs. The USB input still works great. I didn't expect the CD player to last forever, but at least 10 years. I didn't abuse it either. Once it was set up it never moved. It really wasn't used that often. A few times a week. I tried cleaning the laser, but no luck. Based on this experience I wouldn't buy a Marantz CD player. Perhaps it was just my unit and not a design flaw, but I wouldn't take the chance.

sprachnroll

Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
I paid $600 for a Marantz CD player and after 9 years it stopped reading CDs. The USB input still works great. I didn't expect the CD player to last forever, but at least 10 years. I didn't abuse it either. Once it was set up it never moved. It really wasn't used that often. A few times a week. I tried cleaning the laser, but no luck. Based on this experience I wouldn't buy a Marantz CD player. Perhaps it was just my unit and not a design flaw, but I wouldn't take the chance.
Same thing happened to me and I think I paid far more for my Marantz CD player. Still love CDs and SACDs and have never gotten into streaming, though my receiver is supposedly capable of it.

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
I have had a Marantz CD63 Ki for around 25 years, two years ago I put a new sled and laser in it and lubed the sled with dry PTFE, made an improvement and I am now using it with an Audiolab MDAC plus. Very pleased. Like all electrical components, some last some don't and it could all be down to the house wiring, the socket or plug or how stable your supply is.

Peter Bailey

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
I've eliminated the ones beyond my budget, and I've selected the ones with the features I need. I'd be interested in your preferences. Is the best at the top, or is the list somehow weighted according to purchase price? If it is how do I remove the weighting? I'd hope the best was No. 1, so the reader can work down the list based on budget.

mbinz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Any reason Audiolab doesn't feature? the older 8200CD was hailed as a top pick when it came out, performing way above it's price point... Have the latest Audiolab offerings gone down in performance compared to other manufacturers latest advances?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts