Best CD players 2019: CD players for every budget

Sclafonz

Feb 19, 2021
I paid $600 for a Marantz CD player and after 9 years it stopped reading CDs. The USB input still works great. I didn't expect the CD player to last forever, but at least 10 years. I didn't abuse it either. Once it was set up it never moved. It really wasn't used that often. A few times a week. I tried cleaning the laser, but no luck. Based on this experience I wouldn't buy a Marantz CD player. Perhaps it was just my unit and not a design flaw, but I wouldn't take the chance.

sprachnroll

Mar 25, 2021
I paid $600 for a Marantz CD player and after 9 years it stopped reading CDs. The USB input still works great. I didn't expect the CD player to last forever, but at least 10 years. I didn't abuse it either. Once it was set up it never moved. It really wasn't used that often. A few times a week. I tried cleaning the laser, but no luck. Based on this experience I wouldn't buy a Marantz CD player. Perhaps it was just my unit and not a design flaw, but I wouldn't take the chance.
Same thing happened to me and I think I paid far more for my Marantz CD player. Still love CDs and SACDs and have never gotten into streaming, though my receiver is supposedly capable of it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts