Best Cart for Rega Planar 6

Acoustimac

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
im looking for a cartridge for a Rega Planar 6 that not only gives great detail, but provides a full spectrum tone. What's that? I want to hear the details in the mids and highs, but also have a nice bottom end presence. Rega has the Exact and Ania carts. I’ve also hear the Denon dl110 which is quite nice. What are your thoughts/recommendations? Setup includes an Arlington Labs MP7 phono stage, Cambridge Aduo CXA61 amp, blue jeans interconnects, and Revel W553L speakers.
thanks for your input!

Welcome to the forum.
So what you is fitted to it at the moment they isn't giving you what you want, or is there nothing currently fitted?
What is your budget?
unless you want to mess around with fitting shims it is best to stick with Rega cartridges unless you know what you are doing or can get a dealer to set it up for you if you don't.

Acoustimac

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
I’ve not ordered the Rega table yet. Currently running a RP1 with a Denon dl110 on it and the sound is very good! The Denon didn’t require any tone arm adjustments (shims) and it may be a faulty assumption that the same cart would work the same mounting to the P1. Just hoping to get some advice on the two Rega carts or others that people have used on the P6 so I can place a proper order.

Unfortunately Regas attitude to the importance of VTA is the main reason not to buy one.
Having said that I owned in the past the original Planar 3 model with RB300 tonearm.
This was a simple column mount where it was possible to buy accessories from other companies that allowed fairly easy, infinitely variable, adjustment of the VTA.
The thought of having to use shims with the newer three point mount has put me off Rega turntables for good, sad to say.

Acoustimac

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
Unfortunately Regas attitude to the importance of VTA is the main reason not to buy one.
Having said that I owned in the past the original Planar 3 model with RB300 tonearm.
This was a simple column mount where it was possible to buy accessories from other companies that allowed fairly easy, infinitely variable, adjustment of the VTA.
The thought of having to use shims with the newer three point mount has put me off Rega turntables for good, sad to say.

The tough part for me is finding a TT that is at least as good as the P6, priced similarly, and has the same footprint. I wanted to go with a VPI Scout, but it won’t fit in my built in cabinet.

The tough part for me is finding a TT that is at least as good as the P6, priced similarly, and has the same footprint. I wanted to go with a VPI Scout, but it won’t fit in my built in cabinet.
Don't get me wrong, the P6 is a very good turntable of you can accept it's limitations.
This is excellent and slightly smaller...., The Debut Pro is excellent also

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts