Best Budget Speakers for a student?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a pretty miss matched amp, cd player and set of speakers as i am a student and funds are a wee bit on the tight side at the moment!. I currently have a marantz cd - 63 E special addition cd player which i have heard that back in the day wasnt too bad a cd player at all. paired up to a not so good ampifier which is a sony TA-FE 230 with a output rating of 120W, and Really old mission speakers. I would like to upgrade my speakers and the maximum i want to spend is £150. Your help would be much appreciated

A

Anonymous

I think you should consider the mordaunt short 902i's. Three reasons why for ya:
1.Because I just bought a pair t upgrade my old ones and they sound quality.
2.The look and build is worthy of speakers costing more.
3.I have found them very cheap with delivery here in light maple: www.www.a1-sound.co.uk.

This will then leave you a good 50 quid left over to get a decent upgrade on interconnects, speaker cables etc.

John Duncan

Agreed with all of that but......I didn't like them, so listen to a few until you find the one that's for you. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, Tannoy Mercury F1 and Q Acoustics 1010i and 1020i are all options within budget - listen to all four and pick the best one.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Agreed with all of that but......I didn't like them, so listen to a few until you find the one that's for you. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, Tannoy Mercury F1 and Q Acoustics 1010i and 1020i are all options within budget - listen to all four and pick the best one.

Totally agree; sound advice so get yourself to the local richer sounds/superfi if you can and get demoing :)

A

Anonymous

Yes, more in-depth advice than I could muster at the time of my post. I Agree.
Although I have listened to a few and I went back to the ms902i's, but it will factor mainly on what music you like to listen to as each speaker mentioned has their merits which set them apart.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts