Best Budget Headphones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Phlegm

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
bigboss you're verging on trying to discredit someone who gives his time freely and presents his own thoughts and reviews. Just let it be if you disagree. Let the people who read the forum decide themselves what's best, what is right and make their own minds up. Thank you.

Phlegm said:
bigboss you're verging on trying to discredit someone who gives his time freely and presents his own thoughts and reviews. Just let it be if you disagree. Let the people who read the forum decide themselves what's best, what is right and make their own minds up. Thank you..

Not really. As I said in my first post, I respect & enjoy reading Dalethorn's reviews. His response to the OP came across as arrogant to me, which he has clarified. This hopefully should be clear to the OP as well. The matter is finished as far as I'm concerned.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
Phlegm said:
bigboss you're verging on trying to discredit someone who gives his time freely and presents his own thoughts and reviews. Just let it be if you disagree. Let the people who read the forum decide themselves what's best, what is right and make their own minds up. Thank you..

Not really. As I said in my first post, I respect & enjoy reading Dalethorn's reviews. His response to the OP came across as arrogant to me, which he has clarified. This hopefully should be clear to the OP as well. The matter is finished as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any problem with this. I think we both are hoping the OP will respect what we're trying to do here, to have a responsible response to his posts.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
That is all fine Dale. But unfortunately, the OP has a limited budget. Not everyone can afford expensive cans. But this doesn't mean they don't or can't enjoy their music. There is "high fidelity" at every budget. The definition of high fidelity is very subjective. Just because the OP has a budget of £50 does not mean he cannot ask what's the best he can buy for his money on a Hi Fi forum. We're all here to help, and people will have had experience of some nice bargains who can suggest. Your response to the OP doesn't help at all. What's the point of telling someone with a budget of and looking for a supermini that he / she needs to buy a luxury family saloon car?

Dale's first response was to point the op in the direction of some sub £50 cans... I think he later added that £50 doesn't get you much. Not arrogance to me, just the facts. But hey, you're over it so it's all good again.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
pauln said:
Dale's first response was to point the op in the direction of some sub £50 cans... I think he later added that £50 doesn't get you much. Not arrogance to me, just the facts. But hey, you're over it so it's all good again.

I worked in electronics retail for several years, and my first instinct was to help the customer when the customer wanted advice pointing him to a possible purchase, or even commenting on one or two items he might have mentioned initially. A lot of times when a customer asks about one or two things I'm not familiar with, I check Amazon reviews or whatever is on Google, to see how others rate the item or items. You would be amazed (or maybe not) at the number of people who ask about items on forums who don't check Google or any of the big sellers, because they don't want to take 5 minutes to read the data - it's easier to ask on a forum for some people. Anyway, I went back and checked just now, and the OP ignored the answer to his first post plus a suggestion from another member, and just posted another question about some additional low-cost obscure headsets. So I made an assumption about where that was going and tried a new tact, to see if the customer was going to be responsive to suggestions or help, or just use the forum as a sounding board. Sometimes you just can't win.

dalethorn said:
pauln said:

I worked in electronics retail for several years, and my first instinct was to help the customer when the customer wanted advice pointing him to a possible purchase, or even commenting on one or two items he might have mentioned initially. A lot of times when a customer asks about one or two things I'm not familiar with, I check Amazon reviews or whatever is on Google, to see how others rate the item or items. You would be amazed (or maybe not) at the number of people who ask about items on forums who don't check Google or any of the big sellers, because they don't want to take 5 minutes to read the data - it's easier to ask on a forum for some people. Anyway, I went back and checked just now, and the OP ignored the answer to his first post plus a suggestion from another member, and just posted another question about some additional low-cost obscure headsets. So I made an assumption about where that was going and tried a new tact, to see if the customer was going to be responsive to suggestions or help, or just use the forum as a sounding board. Sometimes you just can't win.

That is fair enough. Guess I misconstrued your post. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts