Best Budget Headphones?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong area, I am new and didn't know where to post

I am looking to buy some headphones, but I dont have £100's to spend

I am considering Skullcandy Hesh Headphones, as they are affordable, but I am aware Skullcandy are one of those overhyped brands

I listen to Rock and Metal music mainly, but I also enjoy soft acoustics too, so headphones that are good for this type of music would be great

Any help would be appreciated as I am struggling to find the right pair!

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
To help us help you a little more you could give us a bit more information...

● What exctly is your budget?

● Do you want On-Ear (small - touches your ears) or Over-Ear (large - doesn't touch your ears)?

● Do you need good isolation?

● Do you need noise cancelling?

● Would you prefer an emphasis on: strong bass, strong vocals or neutral and detailed?

● What headphones have you had/tried before and what did you think of them?

idc

My favourites are the AKG K44, a master of detail and the Sennheiser HD201, a great all rounder. The HD202 has a greater emphsis on bass which may suit your music choice. They are all cheaper than the Skullcandies and offer better value and dare I say it, credibility.

A

Anonymous

I posted elsewhere about the AKG K511 and no-one appeared to have heard them.

Well, I found a new pair on eBay for £23.00 and promptly bought them. After a day's burn in, all I can say is wow.

Fantasic clarity and just enough bass, very comfortable headphones. They may just be my favourite AKG for all round comfort and sound. Might be worth a punt for someone else. Richer Sounds has them for £34.95.
smiley-cool.gif
No affiliation by the way.

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
By far the best budget headphones at the moment are the Art:eek:ne Portable Pro's. Definately the best I have heard at £30. They look quite similar to another popular headphone but the sound is different. :D

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
pierce-794 said:
Hello, I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong area, I am new and didn't know where to post

I am looking to buy some headphones, but I dont have £100's to spend

I am considering Skullcandy Hesh Headphones, as they are affordable, but I am aware Skullcandy are one of those overhyped brands

I listen to Rock and Metal music mainly, but I also enjoy soft acoustics too, so headphones that are good for this type of music would be great

Any help would be appreciated as I am struggling to find the right pair!

Hi there

I listen to similar music to you and spent a great deal of time listening to a number if headphones. The one thing I learned is that what's good to one erson ain't always good for another. However I am happy to share with you that I currently use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro (250 ohm) when I am in open back headphone mood; however these may be slightly out of your budget.

I would stongly recommend that you take a listen to the Shure SRH440's - these are available for around £65 at the moment and I have been blown away by them. I use both my sets through a Graham Slee Novo Headphone amp and love them but the Shures are easily driven by most portable players if that's what you intend to use them with.

Good luck with your search - let is know how you get on.

Cheers

Paul

A

Anonymous

CustomCable said:
By far the best budget headphones at the moment are the Art:eek:ne Portable Pro's. Definately the best I have heard at £30. They look quite similar to another popular headphone but the sound is different. :D
Phil, I do hope that is genuine because the first google search for those brings up Custom Cables.
smiley-sealed.gif

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know, although yeah it looks like im peddling now, sorry. These are excellent headphones and well worth the money imho. They are distributed in the UK by the same company as Supra Cables and they both come from Sweden.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts