Best Bluetooth Integrated amp around £400 mark

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking for a suitable amp to power either the 'Monitor Audio Bronze 2's' or new '100's'.

I've been advised that the Cambridge AXA35 would be sufficient, but I'll likely be streaming a lot of my music and it doesn't have built in bluetooth. I'm aware i can get a separate transmitter but thought it probably better to have it all integrated.

Can anyone help with recommendations for best Bluetooth amp around £400? Maybe the Nad D 3020 V2?

I'm going to listen to some today.

Many thanks!

Gray

Hi all,

I'm looking for a suitable amp to power either the 'Monitor Audio Bronze 2's' or new '100's'.

I've been advised that the Cambridge AXA35 would be sufficient, but I'll likely be streaming a lot of my music and it doesn't have built in bluetooth. I'm aware i can get a separate transmitter but thought it probably better to have it all integrated.

Can anyone help with recommendations for best Bluetooth amp around £400? Maybe the Nad D 3020 V2?

I'm going to listen to some today.

Many thanks!
I know you said you'd like it built-in, but it seems that BT listening is going to be important to you.
For that reason, if I were you, I'd being going for the ifi Blue, which would be better quality than most (if not all) built-in options.
That and your AXA35 = £429
This way you could keep your top quality BT if you decide to upgrade your amp.

Reactions: Al ears

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I know you said you'd like it built-in, but it seems that BT listening is going to be important to you.
For that reason, if I were you, I'd being going for the ifi Blue, which would be better quality than most (if not all) built-in options.
That and your AXA35 = £429
This way you could keep your top quality BT if you decide to upgrade your amp.
Thank you for you reply, I've had a look at the ifi Blue looks great, this looks like a very promising option for me. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Gray

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I can vouch for the Ifi Zen Blue as a device, and it does have digital outputs, so you can use a better quality DAC at a later date as an easy upgrade path - I don't know whether such functionality would be present in an integrated.
Hey thanks for the reassurance on the ifi Blue, will likely be purchasing this. Cheers!

Gray

...the ifi Blue looks great, this looks like a very promising option for me.
Yes and it means you aren't restricting your choice of amps.
In theory there should be little difference between good amps in terms of their sound. I think you'll find that's not the case and that your audition will be worthwhile.
Let us know how things go 👍

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
If I hadn't bought myself a Rotel A14 amp with superb built in Bluetooth, I would still have one of these BluDento receivers. £80 off Amazon and they are very good. I found mine to be stable with no dropouts and great sounding. Hook one of those up to your amp and you're away and running.

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If I hadn't bought myself a Rotel A14 amp with superb built in Bluetooth, I would still have one of these BluDento receivers. £80 off Amazon and they are very good. I found mine to be stable with no dropouts and great sounding. Hook one of those up to your amp and you're away and running.
I did read about this online actually but am yet to try. Any thoughts of the type of sound it promotes? Thanks!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I used my BluDento HD to stream Spotify Premium from my phone, as did my wife and daughter. Connected it both via Optical and RCA cables to my amp ( a Denon PMA-1600 at the time , so far from shabby) and I swear I could not detect a difference. The sound of Spotify Premium sounded almost as good as CD playback. At £80 it's hardly a gamble, and if you don't like it then you can always return it to Amazon and get a full refund, I did ( only because I moved to a Rotel A14 amp which has it's own AptX Bluetooth so the BluDento was surplus to requirements)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts