Best Blu Ray demo discs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

My personal favourite is Die Hard 4.0. Astounding DTS HD Master sound, with lots of subwoofer action from the beginning to the end!

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
Fifth Element is great.

moomin

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes i also would like to thank Play.Com for sending out Quantum Of Solace,as when it arrived,my Good Lady was working so i enjoyed it at a favourable level.

A

Anonymous

Evening all, newbie, be kind etc.

Purely as demo discs, I've found the following work extremely well, no particular order.

1) The Dark Knight - scene 20/21, the Joker's attempt to kill Harvey Dent. On a Pioneer 5090 it looks incredible, but beware of using with a panel that doesn't have similar black levels. The full screen IMAX filming helps loads too.

2) The X-men 3, scene 2, the battle simulation. Picture not brilliant as a lot of grain which can be misconstrued as noise, but the soundtrack is fantastic.

3) Planet Earth, most of it. Yeah, 'only' 1080i, but FULL SCREEN 1080i which looks beautiful.

4) The Matrix, You Know The Scene - another sound demo only, as the picture is way too green (I know it's deliberate!) to impress prospective panel buyers.

5) Night At The Museum, all of it - superb to use as a 'running' demo, ie on all the time on a high-end set-up for casual visitors to a store. Picture quality superb, have it running on a Pioneer 6090 via a Denon 2500 BD player and...wow.

A

Anonymous

I really enjoyed Taken last night not the best audio, picture was fine but the film itself great One sound track scene I always enjoy is the opener in I am Legend Mustang 500 V8 oh that noise

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
These are some stunning Blu - Ray's.

The Assasination of Jesse James.

Speed Racer

The Incredible Hulk (this is especially stunning on my Panny 46PZ80B)

Thanks, Rorschach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts