Best amplifier for Stream Magic 6

MAD

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm going to upgrade my amp and I want your advices or your thoughts about my options to pair my stream magic 6. One option is the Cambridge Audio Azur 851A and the other is the Naim Nait 5si. According to Cambridge Audio, the 851A is the perfect compliment to the SM6 but I have some concerns about its quality. About the Naim, I'm not sure if they pair well. I have a Dali Senzor 3 speakers and like jazz, blues and classical music. If you have other options, I would like to know them. Thanks for your help.

Cambridge and Naim are not an obvious pairing. The Cambridge gear always seems very well designed with good performance, but build is marginal at times. Regret I have not heard you pairing and cannot recall any dealers of both in uk. Richer do Cambridge but not Naim, as I recall. Welcome to the madness!

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
MAD said:
Hi all.

I'm going to upgrade my amp and I want your advices or your thoughts about my options to pair my stream magic 6. One option is the Cambridge Audio Azur 851A and the other is the Naim Nait 5si. According to Cambridge Audio, the 851A is the perfect compliment to the SM6 but I have some concerns about its quality. About the Naim, I'm not sure if they pair well. I have a Dali Senzor 3 speakers and like jazz, blues and classical music. If you have other options, I would like to know them. Thanks for your help.
Connect a pair of active speakers directly to the SM6 and forget about the amp. As an example, have a look at the Mackie HR624

Most amps should work well with the SM6 and obviously the Azur mentioned should have 'synergy'.

It is going to depend on what is the maximum budget you have and, ultimately, the quality of the source files (this is going to make the most difference irrespective of the amplifier used).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts