Best amp for digital music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

First of all: I'm new to the Hi-Fi world :)

I want to know what's the best amp to play digital music (mostly mp3) on the price range 400-800€. I think it has to have a good DAC integrated (I just don't want to have a separate DAC).

I'm thinking to play my music using the digital out from my Apple TV (the old one). Any advice to use a better source?

And if anyone could recommend a good pair of speakers it would be great too! :)

Thanks!

T

the record spot

Depending on your budget or power needs, Onkypo's A5-VL, Harman's aforesaid HK3490 or their higher priced HK990 and the XTZ D3, the last two of which you may be able to squeeze into your budget.

As for speakers, well, you do have an active option, such as Roland's DS7 active monitor, which gives you 75w amps, 24/96 onboard DAC and speaker in one neat box. Roughly £250 and performance is good and might do you nicely as it'll take the optical cable from the Apple TV directly without need for an adapter. Other speakers are available, but given your budget requirements, this might be one way to go.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
nachob79 said:
Hello,

And if anyone could recommend a good pair of speakers it would be great too! :)

Thanks!

Superfi are selling the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 for £99.95, which would get you started (should sound good with the Peachtree....the iDecco has a built in dock but is a bit dearer)

Cno

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Why not use a Sonos ZP120 - streamer, DAC and amp in one unit? 2nd hand they go for around £325.

Or go for a ZP90 (streamer/DAC) and some Audio Engine A5 active speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts