Best Aerial for DAB

adclem

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi

So I have just purchased a Sony STS-DB900 second hand and I need to think about the best ways to get a DAB signal.... I live on the 6th of 20 odd stories so getting indoor reception is very unlikley. However, there is a socket for a TV aerial and a second for a FM aerial and I've been told that it's possibile to use the TV aerial socket (using a splitter/booster) for a DAB signal....

Anyone know if this is this true? Or will I need an aerial specifically intended for DAB signals?

Thanks

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You are more likely to find the FM socket will already work. However try it in the TV socket and see what happens. If it does work, Maplin sell the splitters for under a tenner I think.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
You are more likely to get DAB reception from the TV socket in my experience. Most TV aerials are pretty wideband and seem to able to pick up the DAB signals at about 220MHz. Really depends on how good the DAB signals are where you live. The FM aerial socket is looking for signals at about 95 - 105MHz and aren't normally very good at picking up stuff where the DAB signals are broadcast.

Best to just try it and see. TV aerial works just great for me for DAB.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts