DAB Tuner lost channels?

borischelski

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a Tibo TI 420 DAB/FM Tuner with a Philex 27741 Indoor DAB Aerial. In order to ensure I have access to new DAB channels I recently pressed the auto tune channel. Very frustratingly, Instead of adding additional channels I Instead I actually lost a number of existing DAB channels inc the mainstream BBC Radio 2 & BBC Radio 5 live. Conscious of a potentially poor internal signal, with the aid of an extension lead I took the tuner unit outside into the middle of the garden & pressed auto tune. However same result. I wonder if anyone could advise why I have suddenly encountered this problem and also how can I fix ? Do I need to get a new/different aerial ?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
borischelski said:
I have a Tibo TI 420 DAB/FM Tuner with a Philex 27741 Indoor DAB Aerial. In order to ensure I have access to new DAB channels I recently pressed the auto tune channel. Very frustratingly, Instead of adding additional channels I Instead I actually lost a number of existing DAB channels inc the mainstream BBC Radio 2 & BBC Radio 5 live. Conscious of a potentially poor internal signal, with the aid of an extension lead I took the tuner unit outside into the middle of the garden & pressed auto tune. However same result. I wonder if anyone could advise why I have suddenly encountered this problem and also how can I fix ? Do I need to get a new/different aerial ?

I had exactly the same problem with the same aerial plugged in to my Teac PD301DAB when I replaced the standard wire aerial supplied with the unit. The Philex seems very sensitive to positioning and it took me several attempts to get it to work. Lots of online reviews for the Philex are either 5 star or 1 star with the general consensus being it either works or it doesn’t, a viewpoint which aptly describes DAB in general. Does you aerial model boost the signal or is it passive may I ask?

borischelski

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed response - my email notifications got switched off.

Initially the aerial picked up a load of additional channels. However upon retuning I lost them all and now cant get back.

Is there an alternative aerial you may be able to recommend ?

Thanks again

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
As with FM (but even more so with DAB) you need a decent outdoor aerial, professionally installed, to get optimum reception for your local area/local transmitter etc.

Indoor aerials are generally kack.

If you can’t do this then get internet radio (usually better than DAB quality anyway).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts