Best 40-42 inch tele for Freeview only!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, (and hopefully WHFI staff)

I am building a cinema room with a projector which will handle all my PS3, bluray, dvd activity

BUT what I need is a a tv for SD freeview viewing ONLY - in another separate room - so Im looking for the best tele for that purpose ie i dont care for its HD performance, dvd, bluray etc 9as that will be handled in the cinema room) - only tele signal via inbuilt tuner or my HUMAX PVR - I dont have sky either its all freeview.

I sit 2.8 meters - about 9 - 9.5 feet away from the screen

I am thinking phillips 42 inch 9664 or the 40 inch samsung led either 7020 or 8000 series.

I dont watch much sport - only formula one really.

Most of the reviews touch on SD but i worry that it is the HD performance that drives the ratings - and I need to disregard that.

So at 9-9.5 feet away is a 40 or 42 ok - is 46 too big for SD? and should I consider anything else - then the above two?

Help

thanks

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
The bargains seem to be the HD only TVs - don't know if you can even get them now but last year I bought a 42" Pana plasma - it's not full HD but I only maybe watch one Blu Ray a week.

It was £650 delivered, from John Lewis so has a 5 year warranty and got 5 stars in WHFSV. I reckon I only sit about 6 - 7 feet from it and it's fine (see pic). It's wonderul for films but, to be brutally honest, I think for just TV I've have been just as content (if not more so) with a 37".

IMG_1472.JPG

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that Roger - you have given me food for thought.

Appreciate the response and the image which helps a lot too

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts