Belkin PureAV Home Theatre Power Console PF30

A

Anonymous

Thats a good price for that, I would like to see WHF to do a comparison between this and the tacima that'd be interesting

A

Anonymous

Visually less noise especially on freeview than the tacima, sonically not alot of difference to my ears.
I have my amp in the hi current and i put my blu ray into the audio filter rather than the video filter so i can switch them completely off rather than leaving them on stand by.
Its odd how the voltage bounces about and the loading when i have the blu ray amp and tv on is still less than 2amps which was suprising to me, overall a bargain for £45

A

Anonymous

Was debating to buy this or the tacima.

They are both mains conditioners and surge protectors.

I cant buy this anyway, it wont fit in my hi-fi rack, got no space.

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Oh i see i thought i'd read a thread you'd posted in about having tried the pf40 nad not seeing any difference ?

Don't get me wrong the tacima is good at what it does I just found the pf40 better in my set up but it is huuuuge !
Wheather the pf30 performs better than the tacima especially for amps with the high current socket i couldn't say but i'd like to know.

A

Anonymous

I got a new tv now, so thought I would give it another bash, but its out the window due to the hi-fi rack.

Main reason was the size, it was massive.

A

Anonymous

Yep sure is its as big as an amp !
Had another look at your pics you posted would the pf30 fit under your bottmn shelf on the carpet ? just a thought

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Would this make a big improvement over just having a standard belkin surge protector, or is it dependant on the material/level of equipment you use?

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Cant seem to find any dimensions on the internet.

Here you go chap

Height 9.2 cm
Width 43.8 cm
Depth 22.9 cm

Edit. Oops had the height wrong now amended.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
stu31:canada16:

Oh i see i thought i'd read a thread you'd posted in about having tried the pf40 nad not seeing any difference ? Don't get me wrong the tacima is good at what it does I just found the pf40 better in my set up but it is huuuuge ! Wheather the pf30 performs better than the tacima especially for amps with the high current socket i couldn't say but i'd like to know.
Speaking as an electrician: The PF30 is, in simple electrical terms, several Tacimas stacked together. The problem with the Tacima is that everything goes through the one filtering circuit - with the PF30, equipment is isolated from each other with different types of equipment going through their own filtered circuits so (in theory at least) should provide better improvement - assuming you have electrical disturbances in the first place. There is one other major difference, and that is that the PF30's HC socket bypasses the choke - that's the round coil thing seen under the Tacima's plastic panel, and in my view responsible for 'choking' the sound - which may be why most Tacima users suggest not plugging your AV receiver into it preferring instead to plug the receiver directly into a wall socket. The PF30's separate HC socket offers some smoothing and spike protection but bypasses this RF choke, so unlike the Tacima you can (should be able to) plug your AV receiver into it giving it smoothing and spike protection but without strangling the sound.

I have both a Tacima here and a PF30 (amongst many other similar devices), but I couldn't tell you if either are subjectively better - my mains supply is luckily quite clean (I'm able to measure it, so I know), so both these items are to me superfluous. But there are plenty of other users who I can only assume do suffer from bad mains because they enthuse wildly about the benefits - both the Tacima and the PF30. Bear in mind the PF30 uses a similar approach to the Tacima, but is electrically significantly better and used to retail for about £160, I'd agree with stu16 in that it'd seem a no-brainer which to choose between the two: It's only 'dirt cheap' because Belkin the maker has decided to withdraw from that end of the market and stocks are being cleared at rock-bottom prices (as the OP and others have already pointed out).

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

18.00 Now,,, Damn, oh well I bought a tacima on the weekend anyway and see how that goes.

But 18.00 is a stupid price, why were they selling them for over 200.00 but now 15.00 and 18.00.

Makes me wonder.

scene

canada16:
18.00 Now,,, Damn, oh well I bought a tacima on the weekend anyway and see how that goes.

But 18.00 is a stupid price, why were they selling them for over 200.00 but now 15.00 and 18.00.

Makes me wonder.

Buying market share? If you're not selling, you've got to do something, even if it's selling below cost for a while. Build up market share, get lots of happy users and then push the price back up again (not necessarily all the way)...

A

Anonymous

What I want to know about this, as 18.00 is worth a try.

If you connect your sky box up to it and modem, if you press power it turns everything off, so the sky box wont record?

Is this right, as need to leave the sky box on standby just in case i need to record something.

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Seeing as I missed out on the PF40, I'm going to give the PF30 a try for my source components - this will mean between this and my UPS, I'll only be using 3 mains sockets - one for my amp, one for the UPS to supply the projector, X-Box 360, and Sky HD+ box, then the PF30 for Bluray, HD-DVD, DVD. Even if it nakes no difference, it can replace the mains block I'm using now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts