Beats Studio Headphones £130

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gel. Have you heard these headphones? I know the originals got hammered but from what I've read the 2.0 seem to be better, especially at this price.

D

Deleted member 2457

chrissy657 said:
Hi Gel. Have you heard these headphones? I know the originals got hammered but from what I've read the 2.0 seem to be better, especially at this price.
Yes, I own them and love them too. WHF gave them 4 stars too which is really good considering they are Beats. Yep, compare them against all the top models too like B&W p7 and they are still really good. I think it's a right bargain.

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Gel, think i take a punt on them as for the price it seems a no brainer. I used to have the original solos and thought they were ok, not brilliant but not as bad as what people were making out.

D

Deleted member 2457

chrissy657 said:
Cheers Gel, think i take a punt on them as for the price it seems a no brainer. I used to have the original solos and thought they were ok, not brilliant but not as bad as what people were making out.
Yep, you sound like me quite open to different headphones and I will tell you what they are pretty decent!

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I listen to I wide range of music, from the likes of Neil Young to Eminem but I like a bit bass to my music, decent quality bass though.

Anyway pick them up tomorrow so I will let you know how I get on.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i had the wireless version and there are pros and cons to them! maybe i will help make a decision for someone!

cant listen unless are charged (terrible) can be a real buzzkill when you forgot to charge and are listening. especially out and about you will have no music at all.

active noise cancelling=distortion at high volumes with the bass (had this quite a few times) now and again i like to have it loud and you will get distortion especially if the bass is heavy. but if you listen at max `100db will be fine most of the time.

bad build quality in some circumstances. my ear cup had a tear which i had to superglue together. this severely annoyed me and i ended up selling them as i dont like imperfections and when damages occur. i instead got the b&w p5 series 2 wireless! otherwise great headphones. sound good with good low end and treble.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
So price is £130? Thats probably £100 to support Dr Dre's lifestyle and marketing of the brand leaving £30 for the actual phones? Mass produced in some Chinese factory to inexacting standards and hey presto, an over hyped set of cans.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
nick8858 said:
So price is £130? Thats probably £100 to support Dr Dre's lifestyle and marketing of the brand leaving £30 for the actual phones? Mass produced in some Chinese factory to inexacting standards and hey presto, an over hyped set of cans.

why don't you try learning something before posting negative comments. How can dr dre get £100 from the headphones for his lifestyle when he sold beats to Apple? Also if headphones cost 30 and dre gets 100. What about staffing costs. Stop being a "beats hater" it gets real old. And all of them talk rubbish. They are worth the £130.

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
nick8858 said:

why don't you try learning something before posting negative comments. How can dr dre get £100 from the headphones for his lifestyle when he sold beats to Apple? Also if headphones cost 30 and dre gets 100. What about staffing costs. Stop being a "beats hater" it gets real old. And all of them talk rubbish. They are worth the £130.

totally agree nugget, some people think just slagging a bit of equipment off makes them sound as if they know what there talking about. Yeah the originals might be bass heavy but some people prefer that.

I am currently having my first listen to them and they sound very very good for the price.

It's like the apple haters come out in force when a apple post comes up, nothing constructive to say. But hey I'm not starting another war so I'm just going to listen to music for 10 mins before I go to kip.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
They are overpriced I'm afraid. More fool Apple who probably overpaid for the "brand". They are a branding exercise with all the associated costs of overpaying celebrities to endorse them which costs lots of money. They will be mass produced as cheaply as possible in China. They are copied in China as well because they have learnt very quickly that branding = money, not necessarily quality=money. All that marketing costs lots of money, money which is diverted away from the product into the ego of the brand owner. Its nothing new!

Try this for info:

http://bgr.com/2014/09/01/why-are-beats-so-expensive/

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
There was a discussion before that included some measurements posted of how Beats have progressed from subwoofers you wear on your head, to pretty decent headphones with reasonable FR and good sound quality.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/beats-by-dr-dre-studio-2-0-noise-cancelling-headphones-red-21660644-pdt.html

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
nick8858 said:
They are overpriced I'm afraid. More fool Apple who probably overpaid for the "brand". They are a branding exercise with all the associated costs of overpaying celebrities to endorse them which costs lots of money. They will be mass produced as cheaply as possible in China. They are copied in China as well because they have learnt very quickly that branding = money, not necessarily quality=money. All that marketing costs lots of money, money which is diverted away from the product into the ego of the brand owner. Its nothing new!

Try this for info:

http://bgr.com/2014/09/01/why-are-beats-so-expensive/

Have you heard them compared to others at the same price? Usually the answer starts 'no but...'

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
So I took these headphones back but im not sure if i've made a mistake. The reason for the return was the hiss, it wasn't a problem on loud music like dance but anything that was on the quieter side it was annoying me. Its just a shame you camt turn off th noise canceling feature.

Thing is I tried a few other headphones instore, some bose, sony and senheiser and the ones that stood out were the Sony MDR-1A. But as I was leaving I thought id try the beats again, and you know what, they were the most exciting out the lot of them.

So now i'm not sure to re order them especially now there £99. But I was also looking at the AKG 550 although they seem like a whole different kind of sound signature than the beats.

I also like the look of the Beyerdynamic custom one pro's as I like the idea of adjustable bass. Only problem is I cant demo these or the AKG's so any imput would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

chrissy657 said:
So I took these headphones back but im not sure if i've made a mistake. The reason for the return was the hiss, it wasn't a problem on loud music like dance but anything that was on the quieter side it was annoying me. Its just a shame you camt turn off th noise canceling feature.

Thing is I tried a few other headphones instore, some bose, sony and senheiser and the ones that stood out were the Sony MDR-1A. But as I was leaving I thought id try the beats again, and you know what, they were the most exciting out the lot of them.

So now i'm not sure to re order them especially now there £99. But I was also looking at the AKG 550 although they seem like a whole different kind of sound signature than the beats.

I also like the look of the Beyerdynamic custom one pro's as I like the idea of adjustable bass. Only problem is I cant demo these or the AKG's so any imput would be appreciated.
I don't notice the hiss.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts