Beatles or Stones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tonestar1

Celebration Day Blu Ray still gets plenty of plays. Must have been a superb gig. I missed the chance to see the Stones due grant poverty, same Neil Young and Crazy Horse. £5 ticket a fortune!
agree, best concerts for involvement were Slade and Status Quo. I didn’t expect too much from slade thinking they were a pop band. Wrong!
I lucked out with tickets to it, A good few friends all submitted ticket requests and all got refused. Jimmy Page broke his finger so the concert was postponed. My pal got offered two tickets as someone knocked back the new date. God knows why, but it worked to our advantage. Everyone who applied from our group drew straws to see who would take the other ticket and I won. Was brilliant to be at such a monumental concert though the crowd were a little prawn sandwich. We had standing tickets, one of my favourite memories is seeing Liam Gallagher being refused access to the standing area whilst we stood there watching one of the best bands who ever lived. By the end of the gig Liam had obviously talked security round as he was standing next to me right in front of the stage for Kashmir and the rest of the encore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts