News 

Be a part of What Hi-Fi?'s Ultimate Audiophile Playlist

What_hifi_community 1200 x 200.jpg

Hello What Hi-Fi? Community!

As you may know, What Hi-Fi? updates our official playlist with a new selection of the music we've been listening to (and testing with) in the past month. As a forum launch celebration, we’re asking the community to put forward songs to add to our official Ultimate audiophile playlist.

🎵 Getting involved is super simple, just post a title of your song (one per member), and a description as to why it’s a good recording. We’ll find it on Tidal and handle the rest.

🎧The rules for our playlist are that you can only post once, and we can’t have the same artist twice, so make sure you pick the best song for the playlist.

To have a look at some of the tracks we’ve chosen previously, we’ve linked to them below. Happy listening!

To listen to the playlist via the streaming service of your choice, just click on the relevant link below to load up on new music.

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Spotify playlist 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Tidal playlist December 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Deezer playlist December 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Qobuz playlist December 2019

We’re looking forward to hearing what you are listening to!

Future Community Team🎼

Attachments

• WHF_logo.png
    WHF_logo.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: soundsky

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, why no AppleMusic link?

My suggestion (which may be controversial due the number of other awesome tracks by the same artist) is You and Your Friend by Dire Straits. The way a decent set up will pick up every aggressive pluck of every string is fantastic.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
All right, it's very hard to go with just one song, BUT I do want to make sure to pick an artist I haven't seen in any of the other playlists. So, it's my honest opinion that the world would be made better by more people listening to Warpaint.

To pick one song...I guess I'll go with the first of their songs that I heard:
Warpaint - 'Billie Holiday (Rough Trade Sessions)'

If that one's not available, go for Elephant.

Reactions: sward

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Savvas ko.

Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi there to all! I am new in this forum and I am audio addicted! I would like to recommend for the ultimate audiophile play list Philip Glass'Serra Pelada! One of my favorites and really love the way the orchestra performs this track engaging vocals, percussion and wind instruments! A great challenge for every hi fi system! Thank you very much ☺️

Daaave

Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
The one that tickles my brain (through my ears) is definitely George's Dilemma by Clifford Brown. Pure music, relaxing and exciting at the same time. Just love it ❤️

Rapscallion

Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
View attachment 5

Hello What Hi-Fi? Community!

As you may know, What Hi-Fi? updates our official playlist with a new selection of the music we've been listening to (and testing with) in the past month. As a forum launch celebration, we’re asking the community to put forward songs to add to our official Ultimate audiophile playlist.

🎵 Getting involved is super simple, just post a title of your song (one per member), and a description as to why it’s a good recording. We’ll find it on Tidal and handle the rest.

🎧The rules for our playlist are that you can only post once, and we can’t have the same artist twice, so make sure you pick the best song for the playlist.

To have a look at some of the tracks we’ve chosen previously, we’ve linked to them below. Happy listening!

To listen to the playlist via the streaming service of your choice, just click on the relevant link below to load up on new music.

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Spotify playlist 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Tidal playlist December 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Deezer playlist December 2019

Listen: What Hi-Fi? Qobuz playlist December 2019

We’re looking forward to hearing what you are listening to!

Future Community Team🎼

Tom Waits - Going Out West
Can not rally get better Rock and Roll.
The recording is spot on and the video performance is even better.
For checking a sound system it is really the business.

Last edited:

Hifi-sean

Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
Nine Inch Nails- Into the Void
I've listened to and LOVED this track for 20 years, and it still holds up!
Great staging, strong bassline, awesome engineering "tricks" that are really only heard on a good quality system...and it's just a hell of a track to jam out to!

chrish94

Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
I like the Any Love (Larry Heard mix) by Massive Attack. Really interesting vocals combined with stellar production by both Massive Attack and Larry Heard. Combined it provides a rhythmic and soulful track to test a system with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts