BDP-LX55 Crashing All the Time!!

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I have had a Pioneer BDPLX55 Blu Ray player since Christmas which until now I have been happy with. But in the last couple of weeks it has started crashing when loading up a disc (Both DVDs and Blu Rays) It crashes to the point where I have to pull the power cable fromt he rear and plug it in again which seems to resolve the issue. It has now got to the point where it is happening every day!

Please note this only ever happens when loading a disc.

Any Ideas ?

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
umbucker said:
I have had a Pioneer BDPLX55 Blu Ray player since Christmas which until now I have been happy with. But in the last couple of weeks it has started crashing when loading up a disc (Both DVDs and Blu Rays) It crashes to the point where I have to pull the power cable fromt he rear and plug it in again which seems to resolve the issue. It has now got to the point where it is happening every day! Please note this only ever happens when loading a disc. Any Ideas ?

My Lx55 did exactly the same thing but only once , I've since updated the firmware and it hasn't crashed, only problem I've still got is lip snyc issues :wall:

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I have this player. Ive not had anything like the problem you mention. There is a firmware upgrade which might be worth a try but unfortunately it wasn't a problem mentioned in the upgrade details as far as I remember. Sorry cant help more.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, Ill try the firmware update. It is interesting yu mention the Lyp synch issue - what AVR are you running this player with ?I am running it with the Pioneer SC-LX85 and sometimes get herendous lyp synch problems - The auto delay on the receiver works to an extent but it seems every DVD/Blu Ray is different and I have to manually change the delay each time.

But hey what do you expect for £2300 !! :wall:

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
umbucker said:
Thanks, Ill try the firmware update. It is interesting yu mention the Lyp synch issue - what AVR are you running this player with ?I am running it with the Pioneer SC-LX85 and sometimes get herendous lyp synch problems - The auto delay on the receiver works to an extent but it seems every DVD/Blu Ray is different and I have to manually change the delay each time.

But hey what do you expect for £2300 !! :wall:

I totally agree, I watched the new version of The Thing on Blu-ray and the lip sync was shocking, the night after watched Hugo and it wasnt so bad. I'm running mine off a Pioneer LX-72. I previously owned a Pioneer Bdp 51-fd and there wasn't a hint of lip sync issues. I'm hoping Pioneer are working on another firmware update as this problem is starting to bug me.

Hopefully we'll get a result soon!

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
How have you guy's got your LX55 connected are you using single or dual HDMI.

I'm using dual , I don't have my SCX71 processing picture and i haven't had any lipsync issues since i have had the BDP LX55.

I did have it "lockup" on me a couple of times at random but not since the new firmware update. The new firmware update hasn't fixed Death Proof and Panet Terror disc not playing though so i'm not happy with this update. I read somewhere another update due in May (rumour only). If the disc's don't get sorted then Pioneer will lose 16 years loyalty..... i digress slightly.

If you haven't done so already E-mail Pioneer support and inform them of your issues.

I don't think i would be as tolerant with the issues you have , hope you get them resolved soon.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
3 lock ups here on all 3 original star wars blu rays

I also get intermittent lip sync with dts hd master audio sound tracks only I.e it's not always there

Typical pioneer new blu ray player issues all their players have had it - we need another new firmware update.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
v1c said:
The new firmware update hasn't fixed Death Proof and Planet Terror disc not playing though so i'm not happy with this update. I read somewhere another update due in May (rumour only). If the disc's don't get sorted then Pioneer will lose 16 years loyalty..... i digress slightly.

New firmware update 3.18 i can confirm has fixed the above issue :grin:

Pioneer you have retained 16 years loyalty. :clap:and more importantly the player is delivering the sort of performance that has ceased my upgraditis that i've had for the last 3 years. :bounce:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
With this last firmware at last the LX55 is performing the way I kenw it could from the start

I have owned 4 blu ray players - 3 from Pioneer including the Legendary LX - 71 - that took a lot of firmware updates to be at its best

I think the picture is now exceeding the LX71 in areas from my memory, the movement is now sharper than before and I am still fond of PQLS - I think it shows up the recording / master quality of the blu ray - not all the sound tracks are amazing. I watch a lot of blurays with Lovefilm / now Blcikbuster online subscription.

Watched HUGO last night - was flawless, no lip sync - stunning picture and understated but stunningly clean, enjoyable, crisp sound that really makes the film what it is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts