BD player audio outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, could anyone advise on audio outputs from Bd players, my AV receiver Denon 1507 doesn't have any hdmi inputs, so what i want to ask is, whats going to give me better quality audio if i purchase a BD player with onboard decoding, continue via digital coax or optical, or multichannel analogue output ?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Personally I would go with a cheaper player like the sony s350 for now and put the money aside for a receiver upgrade later. Does the 1507 allow you to apply +10db for the LFE channel on m/chan analogue? (It should be in the input setup menu under Ext. In SW Lev.)

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
wagia:Hi guys, could anyone advise on audio outputs from Bd players, my AV receiver Denon 1507 doesn't have any hdmi inputs, so what i want to ask is, whats going to give me better quality audio if i purchase a BD player with onboard decoding, continue via digital coax or optical, or multichannel analogue output ?

d4v3pum4 has a good point, but I'd make this decision based on how happy you are with your existing kit. If you don't think you're likely to replace your 1507 in the foreseeable future, then there are Blu-ray players available which can deliver uncompressed HD audio through it right now. If you plan on keeping your 1507, then I'd definitely suggest a player with multichannel analogue outputs (which, unfortunately, are becoming increasingly rare).

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD80 hooked up to my Onkyo amp (which won't accept audio over HDMI) via multichannel analogue cables, and am, for the most part, delighted with the resulting HD audio. I paid £255 for it from Amazon, which I considered a bargain for such a good player.

So in answer to your question of what will give you better audio quality, in your current situation I'd say go for a player with full onboard HD audio decoding and multichannel analogue outputs (like the BD80, Philips BDP7300 or Samsung BD-P3600), and enjoy the benefits of HD audio right now using your Denon. These players can be had for very reasonable prices, and they still allow for a receiver upgrade if/when you're ready.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, thanx for the informative advice, have been considering both the philips and samsung.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts