BBC radio stream on Linn DS - Oh Dear!!!

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello folks,

Has anyone tried streaming Radio 2 through a device such as a Linn DS today? If not, and you are a BBC radio 2 listener, then you may (or may not) be in for a surprise; it's not there any longer!!! There is a message in one or two places stating that the Beeb don't support the Windows AAC format anymore. Radio 2 disappeared today and looks like the rest may follow soon later.

As an occasional listener, using a Linn Majik, I'm not too impressed. Hope there's a fix in the near future. The BBC blog states that Tunein Radio feeds should not be affected but they are obviously wrong *sorry2*

daveh75

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, got the codecs wrong. I now realise that they gave warning back in the summer but as I'm not used to perusing the bowels of BBC blogs, it came as a bit of a shock (as I'm sure it will to many more BBC radio streamer users).

Must say though that maybe Linn could have pre-empted this one (as they should have known about it) and worked out a fix in time. Not sure how many other streaming devices it's going to affect. One thing that the BBC do state, however, is that Tunein Radio should still serve devices without a problem. This does not appear to be the case.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I listen a lot to radio 2 on the internet - I certainly have never heard it broadcast on any of the shows I listen too - so it came as a bit of a surprise to me too. When googled I read it was common knowledge from late last year. It's always easier after the event I suppose.

Later on in the day - it seems it's back to mormal - yay!!!!!!

tonky

daveh75

Pedro2 said:
One thing that the BBC do state, however, is that Tunein Radio should still serve devices without a problem. This does not appear to be the case.

Tunein certainly support AAC streams, I use them all the time. I'm not familiar with tunein on the DS but isn't there an option to select which streams are used?

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

Tunein certainly support AAC streams, I use them all the time. I'm not familiar with tunein on the DS but isn't there an option to select which streams are used?

[/quote]

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Just been on the Linn DS forum and it appears that someone has got round it using information from radiofeeds.co.uk. Not quite sure how though!*pardon*

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm a bit confused now. It appears that AAC should still work (I think) and my feeds for Radios 3 and 4 still work ok. It's radio 2 that's gone awol. Strange. (Thought about possible shows and DJs who you would want to switch off but the list could be large for some readers!).

Still puzzled

TRENDING THREADS