BBC HD programmes now SD-only??

jjbomber

6th.replicant said:
Noticed that a few BBC programmes that are normally broadcast in HD are being shown only in SD - eg, the new season of Silent Witness |(

Anyone know why?

Saving their money to pay out compensation claims from a former DJ. Not forgetting the millions in pay-offs to staff who should have been sacked.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Not a programme I particulary watch but it's listed as being in HD on both my freesat guide and on the BBC website.(and I don't just mean that it's listed on the HD channel guide itself).

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's no better with iPlayer either. I realise there's probably a bandwidth/storage issue when considering the number of programmes to offer on iPlayer HD, but honestly, who decides what to offer? Today's offerings include Spies of Warsaw and Borgen (a Danish political programme) yet the one thing I just might have been interested in watching HD - Orbit: Earth's Extrordinary Journey - is 'not available' :roll:

daveh75

I don't watch Silent Witness, so no idea if it was HD or not, but as Sizzers mentions it's certainly listed as being available in HD.

As for iplayer, it's often down to the producers/rights as to whether programmes can be broadcast in HD or at all, and on what platform programmes are made available (iplayer content varies depending on the platform you use to access it)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Curious. On 'my' iPlayer, Spies of Warsaw (quite good IMVHO, but pace-wise the editing is inept) is in SD; Silent Witness: Change - Part 1 is SD-only, yet Part 2 now has an HD option, which it didn't have at 11:55 last night :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts