BBC film on audiophiles from 1959

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just like toy train collectors are all about traveling.
innocent.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:
This is great. "Is it a religion or a disease? An American psychiatrist calls it 'audiophilia'..."
I like the sound of that.
thumbs_up.gif

audiventory

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I think us audiophiles like both the music and the equipment I know I do

Fully agree. Since early childhood I was musician. But I always love audio and music apparatus. It defined my engineer career.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
lpv said:
Sad times as they did not have all the cables available today
They did have Garrard 301's and Tannoy DC's - as shown in the video - at sensible prices for the performance on offer - even when adjusted for 58 years of inflation. They also had relatively uncompressed commercially available mainstream recordings, as shown in the video.

On the music lover vs audiophile thing.

Hi-fi is a tool for getting the best enjoyment out of the music listened to at home.

Cars are a tool for transporting the driver, any passengers and any luggage from A to B.

Houses are a tool for living in and investing money in the long term.

Computers are a tool for going on the Internet, word processing, playing video games.

I don't see anything wrong or illogical in someone taking an interest in the tools that they use regularly and who tries to get the best tools for the lowest price.

It's also human nature to be competitive and to want to have better tools and consumer goods than the people around us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts