Battery advice

A

Anonymous

make sure you use a humidifier in your room though to allow the optimal conditions for the remotes signal to travel to the amp and /or cd player

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Why not go the whole hog and replace the remote with a Pronto or a Logitech, just think of the gain you'd make in sound quality then.

A

Anonymous

The best remote of course would be one that you didn't notice was there, as if there was nothing between you and the music. No problem if you own a Densen then.

A

Anonymous

I think you'll find that Homer Simpson recommends the use of a handgun for turning a television on and off, this is demonstrated in the episode where he joins the NRA. The uses are limitless.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]I think you'll find that Homer Simpson recommends the use of a handgun for turning a television on and off, this is demonstrated in the episode where he joins the NRA. The uses are limitless.[/quote]

Please officer. Don't shoot.....please..

A

Anonymous

Following your comment, Vanman, I have connected my remote to a lead-acid car battery. I really didn't think it'd make any difference, but the soundstage is much wider and the noise floor [1] is much improved.

In fact, I was playing some tunes and the missus came in and said "B&gger me, that sounds good - what have you done? It sounds great!".

[1] What is noise floor anyway? I mean who hears 'noise'/hiss/interferance through the speakers on quiet bits? So what do people mean when they say the noise floor has improved? Really - someone help me here.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="vanman"]
What is the best battery to use in a hi-fi remote to get the best sound, I have heard that the cheaper ones give a very thin sound.

[/quote]

Trick question. As any audiophile knows, the additional of any remote control circuitry screws with purist hi-fi sound
emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="vanman"]
What is the best battery to use in a hi-fi remote to get the best sound, I have heard that the cheaper ones give a very thin sound.
[/quote]

Quality!

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="vanman"]
[/quote]

Ok. See you next Friday !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts