Basing a system around an ARCAM CD192

A

Anonymous

Obvious choice would be Arcam amps. But you may also consider Primare, Densen, Cayin etc.

Choice of speakers is entirely subjective. Depends on personal taste and how much you have to splash on them. Anything from Monitor Audio silver/gold series, B&W 68x/CM, Dali IKON/Mentor, DynAudio Audience/Focus, Tannoy Sensys/Eyris would do. Other popular choices on the forum are Epos, Revolver, ProAc etc.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="scotty_dog"]If you were to build a CD / Amp / Speaker system around the ARCAM CD192, what other components would you match up?[/quote]

What kind of music do you listen to? Whats the size of the room you're going to have this set-up in? What speakers are you after (standmounts or bookshelfs)?

If it were me, i'd be looking good decent Arcam amps, preferably the older Alpha series as i'm not a fan of the DiVA range. Theyr're too 'warm and soft'.

If you can, search Ebay for Arcam Alpha 10 and 10P amps, they will work so well with the CD player. As for speakers, well there's just too many to choose from. All depends on what music you're going to be listening to.

Again, if it were me, i'd be looking at the new 600 series B&W speakers (the 684's or the 683's - floorstanders) OR you could take a look at the CM7's, theyre fantastic speakers.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]preferably the older Alpha series as i'm not a fan of the DiVA range. Theyr're
too 'warm and soft'. [/quote]

Really...I tought the old Alpha put me to sleep with their overly smooth sound zzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I recently auditioned Cyrus (8 amp & cd) & Acram kit (cd192 and amp).

I found the Cyrus pairing too bright but the Arcam had no punch to the music.

I then combined the CD192 and Cyrus 8 amp, this was the best combination for me.

Always audition before you buy.

A

Anonymous

what is your budget and what sort of music do you listen to? any preference for stand mounters over floorstanders?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="heystak"]
I recently auditioned Cyrus (8 amp & cd) & Acram kit (cd192 and amp).

I found the Cyrus pairing too bright but the Arcam had no punch to the music.

I then combined the CD192 and Cyrus 8 amp, this was the best combination for me.

Always audition before you buy.

[/quote]

I agree with the above

If you were to go for that choice, then i'd deffo try the B&W CM7 floorstanders. They sound amazing with the Cyrus amp and the Arcam CD player would be the icing on the cake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts