Basic Home Office Streaming Set Up Question

RXM684

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Im working on putting together my home office audio which consists of primarily hi-res and some standard streaming. Its been a while since I’ve been in the market and thought I had determined what my basic configuration was going to look like (PC/Digital Device ->DAC ->Amp ->2 stand mount speakers). However, after putting my office together I’ve decided to add a TV into the mix. I’d like to have the option to have the TV audio run through the above setup but wasn’t sure if that could be done as is or if I needed to add an AV pre into the mix. Ideally have the TV hooked into the mix would be ideal as I don’t want to run the audio to the current soundbar I have with a better audio option available.

Do I need another component to integrate the TV audio correctly or can this be simply fed into the DAC from the TV? I’m guessing the specific DAC plays into the equation and I’m leaning towards either the Schiit Modius or the Chord Quest. Tks!

RXM684

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Looks like there are 2 output options. RCA and then an Optical. Guessing the latter should work then going directly to the DAC? Just never done so w/out an AV solution in the mix but it makes sense. Let me know if I'm missing anything. Thanks for the feedback @jjbomber .

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Have you considered a streamer with built in dac and separate speakers. Your situation here looks the ideal type of setup for a blue sound powernode 2i or a marantz pm7000n with speakers, both units can be fed by tv from either optical or hdmi arc. You don't need as many separate components, although my suggestions are just examples

Reactions: knaithrover

abacus

As you are using a computer in your office you will be better off with professional active speakers and a USB audio interface that also has a digital input, (Have a look at the many pro music stores out there to see what’s available within your price range) this also has the advantage that it will usually include software to allow you to get the system exactly as you want.

If you already have an amp and speakers then all you will need is an audio interface which in most cases will be a lot cheaper than a Hi-Fi DAC for the same or better quality. (Not forgetting the software to get the system sounding exactly as you require)

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts