Question Basic AV + Amplifier + speakers configuration for living room

predicador37

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Hi all:

My current living-room configuration consists of a Marantz TT42 phono, a Marantz PM6003 amplifier and a pair of B&W 684 speakers. I'm happy enough with these, but I'd like to simplify it a little and take advantage of new models. I'm thinking about this new configuration:

Denon DP-300F phono
Marantz NR1200
Q Acoustics 3050i speakers

It's not like I'm a PRO but I enjoy music and TV (with basic 2.1 configuration, I don't need anymore). I don't know if this new configuration is better than the older one nor if the integrated amplifier in the nr1200 will be enough to feed the speakers...

I'd be glad and very thankful if you guys could help me with some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

D

Deleted member 116933

Welcome!

Unless you just fancy a change I think its a bit of a sidestep, to be honest, all you're really gaining is the streamer from the 1200.

If it were me id look at putting my funds into an outboard streamer like a blue sound node2i (2021 version) which'll bring your "dumb" hifi bang up to date albeit with another box OR you could drop amp you have, to buy the 1200 or a blue sound power node. I would leave the rest.

speaker wise the amp you have now will drive the 3050i just fine probably better to be honest for reasons i wont bore you with.

as I said though if you fancy a change everything you have chosen is good.

predicador37

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your answer, @millennia_one !

The truth is I'm using this new configuration in a new living room, of about 20 square meters and was thinking of taking advantage of buying new equipment (mainly the streamer, yes).

I would like to reduce the number of boxes, and the nr1200 seemed to be an option. I wouldn't want to go a step back with the amplifier, on the other way... do you know of a better streamer with integrated amplifier that I can use instead of the nr1200?

Thanks again

D

Deleted member 116933

Thanks a lot for your answer, @millennia_one !

The truth is I'm using this new configuration in a new living room, of about 20 square meters and was thinking of taking advantage of buying new equipment (mainly the streamer, yes).

I would like to reduce the number of boxes, and the nr1200 seemed to be an option. I wouldn't want to go a step back with the amplifier, on the other way... do you know of a better streamer with integrated amplifier that I can use instead of the nr1200?

Thanks again

I think for me the only game in town at the price bracket you looking at is the Power node 2i, 2021 version, this version of the node has an amp built-in amp and can really do alot. The streaming software is really stable and its nice small box that can be tucked away in a nice book self or as some like to call it "Kallax fi". use your phone/smart device to control it. Proper future fi.

link to the product so can digest at your leisure

There are many other ways but this is the route with fewer boxes

Reactions: Tinman1952

predicador37

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Maybe it's better than the nr1200, but it seems it lacks a phono input... Is there any configuration for adding a turntable? Maybe an specific one?

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts