Bargain Sony BDP S370?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andy.....but it's in store only, and I live 2 hours away from one.

After travelling expenses, it's cheaper to buy multi region one for £119 delivered, I guess, or standard one for £117.....

Or wait a while till they drop again......

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:

Is it my imagination, or has this blu ray player gone back up in price?

Anyone find it for £99.99 still, with a delivery option?
try your local sainsburys store back to £99.99 again.

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:

Still no joy in Sainsbury's......

Guess it's a waiting game now.......

Hi Pete

I just checked Amazon £117.00 , also there was another link to

Sevenoaks ,seem to be selling at £99.99

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:Pistol Pete1:

Still no joy in Sainsbury's......

Guess it's a waiting game now.......

Hi Pete

I just checked Amazon £117.00 , also there was another link to

Sevenoaks ,seem to be selling at £99.99

Thanks lesmor......

As mentioned above, sevenoaks is two hours away, and it's an 'in store' offer only....

A

Anonymous

I think I'd be more tempted to scrape together another £70 a get the S570 from Amazon, bit more future proofing there

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Not interested in 3D tv quite yet....when I do get interested, I imagine the technology will be more advanced, so would prefer buying a newer model...

Anyway, bought Netgear DG834 wired router and cable to Sony 370 last night on ebay. Router 'has been used once', and I got both for under £30 delivered.......

So the Sony BDP-S370 is still needed...........I have till the end of the month with my Sony BDP S350 when my 'sis in law' is buying it off me, so i have time to wait for it to drop in price....

A

Anonymous

I have the S350, would be interested to hear if there's much of an improvement when you get it Pete

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Will post a comparsion on here once I get one, but judging by reviews, I'm expecting it to be a good improvement....

Saying that, I do have a Chord powerchord mains cable attached to my S350, which gave a good improvement in sound and picture quality......will be interesting to see if the S370 is better with the powerchord still attached to the S350...

If not, I will be happy to get i player and BBC HD through it, anyway......(keep the wife happy, anyway!!)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
daveywavey18:I have the S350, would be interested to hear if there's much of an improvement when you get it Pete

Dave

My S370 replaces a Sony S550 (big brother to the S350 - with the multi channel outs). It's in a different league and this was noticeable instantly. Picture is much sharper, clearer and with better colour. Sound is much improved too - far more punchy and detailed.

It's a no-brainer over the S350 / S550 at £100. It's way smaller, faster to load and having access to iPlayer, YouTube etc is fantastic.

The main criticism seems to be build quality / flimsey buttons etc - but the unit it so slim - there's nowhere to put big robust chunky buttons so a daft criticism in my opinion.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree with the above.......

Just a shame that there seems to be a few sound issues, and complaints about some of the machines being too noisy when operational......

Once I sort my sound issue out, it will defo be a fantastic purchase!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts