Bargain or not?

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just seen a used package for sale comprising of a Pioneer PD Z71 cd player, Kenwood KA-550D amp, some sort of spectrum equalizer thingy and a pair of Memorex speakers for sale for £70. They look in good nick and I'd only really be interested in the CDP unless the rest of the kit is any good......Kenwood amps don't seem to be too popular amongst hifi enthusiasts....why's that?

I've seen similar Kenwood models for sale for around £40 on its own but I would imagine the speakers might not be up to much.

Any views or personal experience with on any of these items folks??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The amp, if in good nick, is probably the best of that bunch, and is a pretty good amplifier of its time. Kenwood amps were always on the exciting side of neutral, and this one should provide a pretty attention-grabbing listen.

The rest is decidedly so-so, though the CD player may be OK as a stopgap until you can find something better.

The equaliser I'd junk, or ebay in the hope some poor soul might bite (though they're ten a penny on such sites), and the speakers ditto, though I don't think you'll get anything for them.

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, thanks for that. I will probably forget it then. I was only really interested in the CDP anyway and buy the sounds of what you say the amp isn't as good as the one I've got either (Arcam Alpha 5). Will keep on looking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts