Bands you would buy unheard...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Radiohead (just did it with 'King of Limbs')
Midlake (their last two albums were fantastic)
Barclay James Harvest - anything related to the band
Villagers (the debut is superb and I'd happily plunge into another album)
Jethro Tull (uneven output but I've been a fan for years)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Currently have 3 definites and 1 on his last chance.

3 definites are ..

Richard Thompson, Elbow, and Porcupine Tree ( though the last one "The Incident" got me wondering whether their best days were behind them).

Last chance saloon... Joe Bonamassa - If his new one coming out soon isn't an improvement on his last two studio albums then he's off my list.

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Mostly Autumn

The Reasoning

Panic Room

Robert Plant

R.E.M

Bob Dylan

Bruce Springsteen

Rush

Whitesnake

Touchstone

Neal Casal

Neil Young

I've bought every album from these artists, and take the dross with the great.

I'm a completist with some artists!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
mickeyjoef:

Mostly Autumn

Forgot about Mostly Autumn. Mmmnn.... I guess they are still on my list although I`m wavering slightly as I haven`t been that keen on any of their last three studio albums. They`re pretty good but not a patch on the earlier classic albums they made.

A

Anonymous

Arctic Monkeys

New Order (...unlikely to happen
emotion-6.gif
)

Joy Division (...definitely won't happen
emotion-9.gif
)

I actually buy quite a lot of artists without ever listening to any of their work beforehand (although not quite as much now due to Spotify!). I quite like the unknown 'risk' factor. I order stuff based on just magazine reviews, or liking the artwork or even just the name
emotion-4.gif
And to be honest, I'd say I get more 'hits' than 'misses' and its broadened my tastes; although Interpol 'Our Love To Admire' is 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back
emotion-39.gif

Enjoy the music,

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts