Bandcamp, excellent service!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have bought a few Cd's from Bandcamp recently for three main reason, 1, that I wanted them *smile* , 2, they were unavalable elsewhere and 3, I like the idea of most of my money going directly to the artists themselves.

https://bandcamp.com

Anyway I ordered a Cd from an artist called Kettel ( Ibb & Obb ) and waited untill well past the estimated delivery date but nothing arrived, so I used the standart email enquiry form from bandcamp to contact the artist directly and added in a personal message to say the Cd had not arrived.

Within two minutes I had a reply that apologized for the mess up and said would I like another free Kettel Cd as well so I of course said yes please and gave them the title.

Within three days the Cd's arrived on my mat and when opened I had not only the free Cd but two copies of the original Cd ordered !

This is what I call exemplary service and I wanted to post it here to big up Bandcamp and Riemer Eising ( Kettel ) for making me a very happy bunny indeed . *good* *biggrin* *drinks*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting, I think it's an excellent idea of buying direct from the artist. I will be looking for a few to buy from that site. I have noticed quite a few self-funded albums recently, I think this trend will grow.

Ghostly Kisses sounds interesting, not heard them before.

insider9

I wasn't aware of it. I do stream a lot of music though and didn't buy much recently.

However an album I've streamed for the first time yesterday is available

In case anyone is interested the artist is called Matthew Stevens and the album "Preverbal". He's a Jazz guitarist.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
Electro said:
I have bought a few Cd's from Bandcamp recently for three main reason, 1, that I wanted them *smile* , 2, they were unavalable elsewhere and 3, I like the idea of most of my money going directly to the artists themselves.

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Not sure about shipping, looked at a US album and it was $10 then $2 was added, did see anuthing about shipping cost.

D

Deleted member 160668

I’ve bought loads form here. Never had any issues.

Best of all really easy to get your album signed - just need to ask!

I’ve loads of signed ones :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
BigH said:
Macspur said:
Electro said:

Not sure about shipping, looked at a US album and it was $10 then $2 was added, did see anuthing about shipping cost.

I was just about to buy another album, Mended Vessel by Audra Kubat and got as far as paypal checkout and noticed shipping was 20USD... more than the CD itself.

Mac

Blacksabbath25 said:
Never heard of band camp are all the artists unsigned and up and coming or are some famous artists ?
No, there’s a lot of established artists as well as unsigned. Whenever I discover an album, I’ll usually check Bandcamp first rather than the likes of Amazon nowadays - CD vs FLAC/WAV 16 or 24 bIt download.

Oh, and there’s also a Bandcamp app on Sonos (not sure which other platforms might have it) which allows streaming of any album you’ve bought from them. I’ve been trying to get more companies to incorporate this app - unsuccessfully so far...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Never heard of band camp are all the artists unsigned and up and coming or are some famous artists ?
No, there’s a lot of established artists as well as unsigned. Whenever I discover an album, I’ll usually check Bandcamp first rather than the likes of Amazon nowadays - CD vs FLAC/WAV 16 or 24 bIt download.

Oh, and there’s also a Bandcamp app on Sonos (not sure which other platforms might have it) which allows streaming of any album you’ve bought from them. I’ve been trying to get more companies to incorporate this app - unsuccessfully so far...
ok thanks I will check it out

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts