Banana Plugs

Tonestar1

Hi,

I've decided to stick some plugs on all of my cables as I'm going to have to dismantle then rebuild my system shortly and I can't be bothered faffing about with terminating all the cables again. Im after a good quality product but don't want to spend a fortune as i doubt sound quality will be affected much. Any recommendations?

Tonestar1

Thanks for the replies folks. I dug up and old thread on here, using google as the forum search still isn't bl00dy working :)

Old thread

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/banana-plugs-any-recommendations-please

Just purchased these on the back of recommendations.

Sewell Silverbacks

41Pi2Og3rTL.jpg

Tonestar1 said:
Hi,

I've decided to stick some plugs on all of my cables as I'm going to have to dismantle then rebuild my system shortly and I can't be bothered faffing about with terminating all the cables again. Im after a good quality product but don't want to spend a fortune as i doubt sound quality will be affected much. Any recommendations?

Hi Tonestar1

I'll recommend using 4mm banana plugs which have a single screw to hold conductors inside the body of the plug and with a crimpable end to lock down on and hold/support the outer body of the cable permanently in place. These are the finest 4mm plugs i've used so far and i've also never had any issues to date. The icing on the cake is that these 4mm plugs also cost little money.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

sunshinesuperman

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
If I was you, as well as buying the posh connectors, I would also place an online order for some really cheap banana plugs if only to have a supply of grub screws to hand...and/ or one of those telescoping magnetic things for rooting around for said grub screws...unless anyone knows a where to find those grub screws online...

and a proper cable cutter is a good investment.

TRENDING THREADS