Back with a Bang!Creek and B & W

kingcrimson

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
took the plunge 2 weeks ago.................
smiley-cool.gif

bought the Creek Evolution 2 amplifier and paired it with my B & W 603 S3 speakers.

added Monster I/C(what is available in my small town).

waited for an hour for the amp to warm up(like Plastic penguin suggested)

and then the sound blew me away!

warm ,tight bass,a little low on the treble but thats opening up now, and sounds awesome at low or high volumes.

a big thank you to the "what hifi Forum" esp plastic penguin,hifilover and rickji.

strangely the amp sounds better as the time passes-how is that-its not a tube amp?????

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
kingcrimson said:
strangely the amp sounds better as the time passes-how is that-its not a tube amp?????

It's doing the impossible and "Burning in"; either that or it's all in your mind. ;)

Whatever the reason, enjoy your new system......until you get the itch to upgrade. :)

kingcrimson said:
took the plunge 2 weeks ago.................
smiley-cool.gif

bought the Creek Evolution 2 amplifier and paired it with my B & W 603 S3 speakers.

added Monster I/C(what is available in my small town).

waited for an hour for the amp to warm up(like Plastic penguin suggested)

and then the sound blew me away!

warm ,tight bass,a little low on the treble but thats opening up now, and sounds awesome at low or high volumes.

a big thank you to the "what hifi Forum" esp plastic penguin,hifilover and rickji.

Hi kingcrimson

Your welcome.

I hope you enjoy the performance of your new Creek amplifier with your 603 S3 speakers for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

kingcrimson

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody back to the forum after a break of 2 years.

in the meantime put in chord carnival speaker cables. But the bass was getting too much as predicted by a couple of u guys on the forum :-(

so changed to chord odyssey 2 speaker cables And WHAT A DIFFERENCE ! Pristine!

anybody who claims that the cables do not matter should re- evaluate. They do matter.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Fear as cable debate looms again. Burn in ?? I think much can be put down to hearing adjustment as can other (dont mention wires) changes. When I spent loads a dosh on kit did it sound better? You bet it did. Did I swap back to evaluate? Nope. Am I happy? Yup. Just my two pennuth. :cheers:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Funnily enough I changed "down" to Van Damme Studio Blue 2.5mm from Chord Odyssey 2 a couple of years ago and have never considered changing since. Everyone to their own I say.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
You're welcome. You'll find most new amps will take several weeks to run in... and a considerable period for your ears to adapt. Took me several months for me to adjust to the Leema. Enjoy!

Now ain't that true! Was for my Primare.

kingcrimson

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
burning in/warming up ,sure these are factors but with my hectic schedule i rarely get to haer my system more than once or twice a week!

so i don't think they were the factors and i have to give credit to th speaker cables.

BTW whats the best way of preventing sound reflecting off the walls?in India the walls are made of mixture of concrete and bricks and I have french windows for a wall :-((

suggest please

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts