Back to square #1...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, Ok, situation is: Went to hifi show intending to spend between £200-400 on a new pair of speakers for system below (see sig). Heard incredible ADAM HM2s and found out they were £650. Decided to push boat out and tell missus my plans when I got home. Spoke to importer today and all of a sudden found out that they were £650ea not per pair. Damn and Blast. That would have been pushing the boat out so far as to hit a different continent. Unity Audio did say they'd do me a show deal for £1100, but alas... So now I'm back to square one. So, given my system below, what should I do. Push the boat out and spend more, or stick to my original plans. I fully plan to audition any suggestions, but I'd welcome any no-nos (for instance, I quite like the look of the MA RS1s, but Drummerman recently said that these were diabolical...). Musical tastes go from acoustic to jazz through classical. I like a brightish but not tinselly sound, and ideally would like a reasonably weighty bass. Can do standmounts or floorstanders. Room is 14' long, 10' wide. Cheers all...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"](for instance, I quite like the look of the MA RS1s, but Drummerman recently said that these were diabolical...). [/quote]

Dont you start that one again
emotion-2.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
'cos they are £770... and that is an awful lot of cash. I've got the little red devil in my right ear saying go for it, and the blue non-devil (don't do religion!) in my left ear saying spend less...
I reckon I'll audition them alongside the Rega R3s that Drummerman recommended, and see if they are worth the extra.

As an aside, my 5-year old daughter Jess says I should go for the PMCs as they are (quote) "Jessie-sized".
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]
As an aside, my 5-year old daughter Jess says I should go for the PMCs as they are (quote) "Jessie-sized".
emotion-2.gif
[/quote]

Audiophile kid in the making! I got to give it to her, she's right!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
(quote) "...but daddy I like CDs better than records because me and mummy don't like the records you play because they are boring"

There's no real answer to a 5-year old that thinks that "Amarillo" is the best song ever.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"](quote) "...but daddy I like CDs better than records because me and mummy don't like the records you play because they are boring"

There's no real answer to a 5-year old that thinks that "Amarillo" is the best song ever.
emotion-2.gif
[/quote]

LOL! Ah, the good old vinyl v CD debate...it's in us stereo people's blood! You think she has bad taste, my favourite song when I was younger was Yes - Owner of A Lonely Heart and 2Unlimited - No Limit........speaks volumes about my personality!

A

Anonymous

"PUMP UP THE JAM, CAN YOU FEEL YOUR HEART PUMPING, WHY ARE YOU FEAT 'A' JUMPING...PUT YOUR HANDS UP MY VAUXHALL'S JUMPING" went something like that didn't it! I have the CD of it! With the sillouete of a woman on it and the Technotronic followed by different colour stripy things! Awsome song! It's just the start of it is sooo awsome! I also have Colour Me Bad - All 4 Love and Bomb The Bass - Winter in July Q-Sound...just great music! Nothing beats the good ol' Ba Ba Bada Bada Ba Ba Bada Bada Ba Ba Bada Bada "Let me you say yeah!" "Goal" "Ow, Ow, Ow Ow Ow, Ow, Ow Ow Ow, Ow" "yeah- techno, techno, techno, techo" of No Limit though! Superb!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Don't quite remember the Vauxhall bit of the lyrics
emotion-2.gif
but I must admit to still digging out some ol'skool cds occasionally for the car...takes me back to being 17 again (even though I was a biker, not a driver back then)...

Dodgy "first single/album" post on the off-topic forum done...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"](for instance, I quite like the look of the MA RS1s, but Drummerman recently
said that these were diabolical...). [/quote]

they are not diabolical. probably one of the best you can get for that price range, and i should know as i just spent a while demoing other speakers and thought that they were the best choice.They do need an amp with plenty of low end clout though, which yours should have, although i have not heard it. The RS1 are particularly good with acoustic and jazz.To say they are diabolical is just silly but you either "get " the monitor audio sound or you don't.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Lol, no - just very fond of them.

Young company with a good product and proper morals.

Not often seen these days.

Most companies are just out to rip off the working man. Another good example of this is Seduction Audio. Right product, right price!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts