Back into HiFi after 14 years!

TazLondon

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say 'Hi'. I've just taken my first tentative steps back into the world of HiFi after 14 years when I sold my previous HiFi system that I had spent 15 years upgrading.

My old HiFi system that I sold 14 years ago due to moving from a house to a flat has these major components (apologies if I can't remember all the details as it was a long time ago!):

- Linn Axis turntable (can't remember the tonearm)

- Audio Technica F5 cartridge

- Linn Kaber speakers (bi-wired using Sonic Link silver cable)

- Mission Cyrus II amplifier with PSX power supply

- Arcam Delta CD transport with Micromega Duo BS II outboard DAC

I also had a Yamaha Dolby Pro Logic surround sound processor, various hi-end VCRs. I can't remember the tape deck I had.

Anyway, I've just bought a Marantz PM6005 amp with Q Acoustics 2020i speakers for my bedroom. All I can say is: Wow! The sound simply amazing and I'm so glad to be back into HiFi, albeit starting from a budget level.

jazzjenkins

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
also had the delta transport . great bit of kit in its day. Bought a 6005 for my son only last month !! Can i suggest you get an arcam blink bluetooth dac connected to the 6005 and use a aptx phone or tab to stream spotify or qubuz. millions of new albums at your fingertips , things have really changed for us music lovers dudey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts