Back Garden Home Cinema

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I am surprised they didnt show you UHD content on the Sony VW550 - that is what it is made for.

If you want a demo of UHD no HDR and a Kef setup you can coem hear mate. Will be interesting to see what you think compared to the artcoustic system?

Also where did you demo MK?
I didn't ask for UHD demo as it's not something i'm interested in at the moment. I'm happy with Blu-Ray and will wait a few years till it all settles down before commiting to a changing format.

What Kef's you got, and where you based again?

The MK's i demo'd at a place called 'the cinema company' www.thecinemacompany.org they are based in Rawreth, Essex. I'm going to go back at some point to discuss things with them again.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
When you are buying a full system you are at your strongest point to get a good deal. So you spec everything you want and say heres my budget and try and work it out. I bet its possible at the time would need the epson 9300 model anyway because a white pj in a black room wouldnt work The epson 9300 is current and future proof it does all the new spec inc pretty much 100% dci p3 colour space. The sony just about does rec 709. And it does hdr and faux 4k so it will be a sharper picture on a big screen. So you can watch everything on it going forward inc uhd content for the next x number of years. You wont need to buy another pj in a few years time like you would with the sony after you saw someone elses uhd content and realised what your missing. So in the long run your saving money. The epson will hold its money better because its up to spec It has motorised lens after you have been up a ladder half a dozen times to change the ratio from 1.85 to 2.40 you will hate doing it and wish you could just press a button and it do it automatically. The epson is worth the extra for that alone. Its full current performance for low money you then only need a new pj when 4k laser is everyday price and how many years away is that 8 Plus you get better warranty and better bulb life. Oh yeah best 3d ever seen Its a no brainer for anyone shopping at this end of the market. EDIT - still still need to have a look at it going first obviously.
i've added the 9300 to my consideration list, the 7300 is off due to poor 3D.

i'm also seriously considering a 16:9 screen as I had a look at the back of a few movies last night to see how they were shot and I was surprised the amount that weren't 2.40 and thus I would lose rather a lot on some films

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Rocket mate - its funny how your opinion on movies change when you have a 2.35 screen.

All your demo content changes - however there is more content in 2.40 than 16:9 and when you get used to 2:40 on a PJ screen 16:9 even zoomed out a bit just doesnt look right mate. Bear that in mind you dont want black bars on your white screen.

I live in Rainham in Essex. I can do a demo for you. I can show you UHD content as well - its only faux my system doesnt properly support it but you can get an idea.

I had things spot on, but I had an amp problem thats now fixed, I am not 100% its sounding as good as it can at the minute but you can come for a demo if you want.

I can show you quite a lot of stuff in regards to why i say what i say as well..... Its all about the bass

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts