BA Sub stopped working

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My BA sub has decided not to work all of a sudden. No sound from any inputs including B/Ray which is optical lead to amp. Tried all the normal settings on the amp ( Yamaha RX-V667) to no avail. All the lights work on the sub , but when turning on TV/music the light stays red so is not picking up a signal to activate.

Any other checks I can try short of a new sub or amp ?

Ta

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Its the one that came with the BA XS 5.1 system, a couple of years ago, so not the latest version. But I have just remembered I have 2 sub outputs on the Yamaha so I gonna go home and try it in the other one , cant see very well at the back so I missed it last night. Not too pleased with the Yamaha reliability as it also wont play the Tivo through number 1 input but everything else works through it. It did initially work ok .

Will report back tomorrow , fingers crossed it will work in output 2 .

Phil

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just looked and I only have 1 sub output .....but I have other pre-out outputs so as the sub is active I have presumed it's ok to plug into this . And hey presto it works . I am also presuming this is ok for the amp. Bit annoyed with amp though. I might check if I bought any extra warranty with it from Richers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts